Throttle Linkage Detail

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

gsjohnson

Post by gsjohnson »

I just went down to my local Napa store this afternoon. They didn't have them in stock, but stated they could have them in by morning. I prepaid them at $8 each. That's probably the best F-car deal I will ever find.
GS
1965 330 GT 2+2 Interim
S/N 6997
kare

Post by kare »

tyang wrote:Another point to make is about the nuts that hold the air filter assembly in place. Originally, I believe they came with washers and nylock nuts. We usually eliminate the washers and use only the nylock nuts. There is usually enough material for the nuts to hold down the air cleaner. Eliminating the washers lessens the chance of having a one fall down into a carburetor. That would be bad.
My car - untouched since factory rebuild - did not have any washers. I will replace them with wired allen head screws. Have seen too many stripped Weber stud threads and heard too many stories of engines chewing nuts.

Baldwin 1814 should fit a 330GT, PA634 fits the 250 GT models.

Best wishes, Kare
250 GT 2+2 3197/GT
330GT

Post by 330GT »

kare wrote:... Have seen too many stripped Weber stud threads and heard too many stories of engines chewing nuts.
Best wishes, Kare
How true. I've had to helicoil over half of the dozen studs for the carbs over the years. Everytime I take off the air cleaner, I expect to find another stud that comes out with the Nylok nut.
Regards, Kerry
http://www.330gt.com 330 GT Registry
http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari 250 PF Coupe 1643GT, 330 GT 2+2 8755GT, 308 GTS 23605
gsjohnson

Post by gsjohnson »

330GT wrote:
kare wrote:... Have seen too many stripped Weber stud threads and heard too many stories of engines chewing nuts.
Best wishes, Kare
How true. I've had to helicoil over half of the dozen studs for the carbs over the years. Everytime I take off the air cleaner, I expect to find another stud that comes out with the Nylok nut.
I beginning to think that the chicken wire isn't a bad idea afterall. My car had an engine rebuild early on in its' already low mileage life. I wonder...Hmmm...
GS
1965 330 GT 2+2 Interim
S/N 6997