330 GTC/S bonnet realease

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

xs10shl

330 GTC/S bonnet realease

Post by xs10shl »

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I am not getting any love from the search function.

The front bonnet release cable snapped on my 330 GTS, and I figured I'd post here before fumbling about under the car to get at the latch release. I don't see any secondary wires coming through the firewall, so I figure that removing the hood from the front may be my only option, if I'm unable to trigger the latch. Anyone care to share first hand experiences?
Jimmyr

Post by Jimmyr »

You could try from under the car to get a long screwdriver or your arm up by the striker bolt and unscrew it. Or if there is any of the cable hanging under the release to somehow grab it and pull! Good luck. Jim
xs10shl

Post by xs10shl »

I found the secondary pull handle by removing the glove box. Whew! Thank you Ferrari Gods for having it still be attached.
Jim

Post by Jim »

It is my recollection that there is a emerg release cable under/behind the instrument panel, accessed from beneath, as my release failed to work in about 2002 at a car show, and a fellow exhibitor was able to open the hood. I'm less certain if he went in the driver's footwell, or the other side.
Good luck.
Jim
'67 330 GTS
s/n 10567
jcwconsult

Post by jcwconsult »

Most Ferraris from this era have secondary emergency release cables in case the primary ones fail. It is a VERY good idea to find them and verify that they work BEFORE you need them.
Jim Walker
365 GT 2+2 #12451