Forum Software Upgrade

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Art S.

Re: Forum Software Upgrade

Post by Art S. »

Ah,

I discovered what is missing: a temporary edit option! I was going to try smilies but forgot :wink: :D :D
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
josh

Post by josh »

Great picture!
--

1966 Fiat 1500 Cabriolet
1967 Fiat Dino Spider
http://www.hitchhiker.org/fiat/
mikewegener

Post by mikewegener »

Art S. wrote:I thought I would try out the avitar section by using the image that some consider degrading but which I enjoy, I'll see if the image upload thing works as well:

Regards,

Art S.
Gold, Pure Gold!
330GT

New Feature

Post by 330GT »

One new feature of this update is the ability to have the posts in a thread listed from newest to oldest down the page. This mean that you don't have to open the last page and then page down to see the latest entries. The lastest ones are at the top of the first page. It particularly helpful when there are lots of pictures in the thread and as you page down to get to the new postings, everything keeps jumping around as the pictures get loaded and change the page as their sizes are figured out. Now you won't have to go to the bottom of the page, thus eliminating the picture load issue.

To enable this feature, go to your profile, Select the Board Preferences tab, then the Edit Display Options (on the left) and select Descending for the Display post order direction field.

BTW, this is also an option on FerrariChat which is why I knew to look for this feature.
Regards, Kerry
http://www.330gt.com 330 GT Registry
http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari 250 PF Coupe 1643GT, 330 GT 2+2 8755GT, 308 GTS 23605
josh

Post by josh »

I've also noticed that there's a "first unread message" link on the first page of posts for each topic, which I think I actually prefer.
--

1966 Fiat 1500 Cabriolet
1967 Fiat Dino Spider
http://www.hitchhiker.org/fiat/
sam231

Post by sam231 »

Nice upgrade..thank you.
'72 365 GTC/4 # 14953; ex-owner 330 GT 2+2 # 8025 :>(
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

The new photo attachment system is quite a bit easier than the one we were using before, but it is a smaller size. The one I have been using gives a 500 pixel wide photo that can be clicked on and increased to 1028 pixels wide. Is anybody actually clicking on them? If not, I will make my life easier and switch to Tom & Josh's way.
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

The new software has the ability to Bookmark a thread. There is a button at the bottom of every page of each thread that will allow you to use that feature. You can then go to the User Control Panel to view them. This will be handy for threads that address a concern that I need to address in the future.

Under he heading of "Not much use, but kind of cool", it appears that the circles with the lines inside to the left of the thread name actually have a function. I believe that if it has a red star in it, then it is a thread that you have started or responded to. Also, from time to time, these lines start scrolling, which seems to be when someone is viewing that thread. I do not know how that would be of use, because you cannot contact that person, but it's cool anyway. When I was just looking, the lines were scrolling on two threads and the only other users on line were google [bot] and yahoo [bot]...
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
davidoloan

Post by davidoloan »

Tom Wilson wrote:The one I have been using gives a 500 pixel wide photo that can be clicked on and increased to 1028 pixels wide. Is anybody actually clicking on them? If not, I will make my life easier and switch to Tom & Josh's way.
Tom, The detail in your large photos is great and very much worth the effort. I'm clicking !
David,

1992 BMW M5 3.8
1994 Maserati Ghibli
JAV

Post by JAV »

I must be getting old since change scares me. But, I do like the new format! Great job! An edit function would nice to have for we spelling challenged.
jcwconsult

Post by jcwconsult »

The new format looks GREAT.
Jim Walker
365 GT 2+2 #12451
klv

Post by klv »

Looks smart! Thanks to Josh and Tom for their efforts. At this rate of updates he'll have EFI on the 330 America soon!
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens
klv

Post by klv »

Forgot to add a smilie! :D
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens
enio45

Post by enio45 »

Great upgrade to the site - thank you
Ed Montini
330 GT 2+2 Series II - 8289