Mecca,, I mean, Concorso Italiano

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

abrent

Mecca,, I mean, Concorso Italiano

Post by abrent »

Hi All,

The day is fast approaching in August for us all to congregate at the new venue for the show.

So - who's bringing a car (I don't count this year as I just bought a 67 Continental Convertible, so probably will bring that, no Ferrari)

So - who's going.

Any other sugestions?
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Andrew,

I'll be there! I hope to fill my days with so much "car stuff" that I be sick of 'em by Sunday afternoon...Not!

Let's try to do dinner or something Thursday night. I know I missed last year's get together, but this year I promise to be there!

Tom
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

My wife and I will be there for four nights ... with the PF Coupe. We might join you guys for dinner on Thursday.
lukek

re: concorso

Post by lukek »

I will be there for Th. and Fr. night, staying at a motel in Marina (Beach Dunes Inn). Dinner might be tough, unless it is early enough for the little ones. I should be milling about my silver GTE during the Friday show. (I am not joining the FCA-PR boycott).

thx
luke
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Luke,

What is the FCA-PR boycott?

john
lukek

re: FCA

Post by lukek »

I think traditionally, the FCA Pacific Region folks were judging Ferraris at the Concorso. For some political, or $ reasons, we will now have Cavallino folks (FOC-affiliated, not FCA) involved as the Ferrari portion of the Concorso. It seems that FCA is staging an alternate event on the same Friday. I do not know the details (some were posted on the Ferrari digest), and I like both Keith Martin of the Concorso fame (along with founder, FrankM), and the FCA folks....
I am pretending I am Switzerland, and will probably spend most of the time at the Concorso, maybe dropping by the other venue, who knows. There are enough politics at work and in the marriage to keep them out of my hobby. IOW, I am not touching it (any further) with a 10 foot pole, despite being a 6 foot Pole, myself.
:)
Luke Kowalski, SF, CA
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
cak

Post by cak »

We'll be in the area, as corner workers for the hysteric races... which means we're busy Friday and camped at the track. Depending on schedules, we might be able to make a get-together...

chris
tyang

Post by tyang »

O.K. Here's my idea:

I'm going to throw a "tomyang.net" get together at my motel Thursday night. Dinner is hard to get people to commit to, but I hope having an open invitation to come join me and other people who visit this site may be fun.

I'm staying at the Best Western Park Crest Motel in Monterey, and the details will follow. I'll buy some of the liquid refreshments, but if you want to throw something in the bathtub, feel free!

Any takers?

Tom
abrent

mecca

Post by abrent »

Tom,

Now, you have met myself and Sam. Do you really think you can "throw a few refreshments in the tub" for just us two, let alone whom else might attend???? We are big guy's,,,,, remember....

Anyway, Thursday night is usually the Indian across from the "auction" hotel at the wharf. I am sure that Taxis operate after that affair so myself, Sam and Dave Booth will eventually make it back to your place. I anybody else wants to make it, Luke, (dude, you RULE with that car.) whomever, I'll get the name of the place from Dave and the plan would be to be there at around 6:30/7PM.

It can get fairly ugly, so don't apply if you like to be in bed before 10. Alternativly, leave early so you are in bed before 10....

Later.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Andrew,

Obviously for heavy hitters like you and Sam, you'll come equipped not to run the tub dry! I can't wait to see you guys stumble around in the bright sun at Concorso the next day!

Tom
lukek

re: get together

Post by lukek »

if you are organizing drinks on thursday or friday night, i can probably sneak out.
...hot tubs filled with champagne was something i was fond of in the 80s, but I am open minded.
:)
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Tom,

Just how many people can we fit in a motel room? We could meet in the lobby of the Double Tree Hotel in downtown Monterey and then go to the hotel's cocktail lounge for drinks. This way we can take a sneak peak at the RM Auction displays in the ground level of the hotel. Viewing has been free on the Thursday night prior to the start of the auction which is Friday.

john
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi John,

I don't expect a ton of people, but I could be wrong! The only problem with meeting elsewhere is the window of time for people to meet. I feel that using my room as a meeting place will allow me to meet everyone, and allow those to go about their evening if they have plans.

Tom
Keith Milne

Post by Keith Milne »

Tom and all - My wife and I usually stay at the Double Tree. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the Concorso this year as I have other obligations at Quail Lodge (will be showing my Ace Bristol and have vintage motorcycle stuff to do). We'll also have a booth and "mini-museum" of vintage race bikes at Laguna near the Bridgestone bridge. Look for Vmoto!
Would like to get together or at least meet some of you over the weekend, so if we can't do dinner, at least stop by the booth!

Keith
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Keith,

I will definitely stop by your booth at Laguna. I will probably be spending the better part of Saturday there.

E-mail me privately and I'll give you my cell number.

That goes for anyone else that wants to hook up sometime over the weekend!

tom@tomyang.net

Tom