Re: 330 headroom?

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tyang

Re: 330 headroom?

Post by tyang »

Here's question I haven't had to help answer:

> Any chance a 6'6" person could fit in a 330? Ive heard the older 12 cylinder
> models had lots of hearoom. Opinion?? thanks..Bill in San Diego

How tall are you 330 owners out there, and how well do you fit in your Ferrari? I know that the seat rails have been relocated for tall drivers in Vintage Ferraris, but how's the head room? I guess it would also depend how much you like to recline the seat!

Tom
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Tom,

I am 6'4" and I fit fine in my 1959 250 GT PF. I have at least 2-3 inches to spare and the seat stuffing is pretty fresh and not compressed. I can imagine the 1960's cars being at least that roomy if not roomier.

john
fuiszt

Post by fuiszt »

I'm also 6'4'' and fit fine in the 330-with the seat all the way back its a long push to work the clutch and I've got 2-3 inches of extra headroom. I stick out the top of a 308. My seats aren't as nice as Tom's though.
mcmichael

Post by mcmichael »

I'm 6'4 1/2". I've got a . I won't say my 67 330 GTC it has plenty of room, but my head doesn't hit the head liner and there is also enough leg room. The driver's seat has been modified--the seat rails were moved back before I got it. If they hadn't been moved back, I would have moved them!

I have driven lots of cars with less room, but an old Volvo or Mercedes (without a sunroof) definitely has a lot more room. Most newer Hondas and Acuras (remember, I work at an Acura dealer) with sunroofs hit my head. And no, opening the sunroof does not help.

Oddly enough, my old '61 Alfa Giulietta spider (101 series c/ long wheelbase) had plenty of room--leg and head (even with the top up)--and so does the '61 Giulietta Sprint.

My advice? Sit in a few.

Michael
mcmichael

Post by mcmichael »

Uhhh. Sorry, all, about the breakdown in editing in the previous post. I really should proof-read a little more carefully...

Michael
cak

Post by cak »

It depends. Do you have long legs or a long torso or both? Long legs are easier to accomodate.

I am 6'2, 32" inseam, and fit comfortably in my 330GT.