Meet us in Monterey!

Post by tyang »

Hello All,

O.K. Here's the deal. I'll be at:

Best Western
Park Crest Motel
1100 Munras Avenue, Monterey, California
831-372-4576

Thursday the 14th of August at 8:00pm to host a little get together in my room. I'll supply some of the drinks, but feel free to BYOB if you have a designated driver!

I'm looking forward to putting some faces to names, and kick off the Monterey weekend right!

Tom
Last edited by tyang on Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
330GT

Post by 330GT »

See you then.

Regards, Kerry
tim

Post by tim »

Greetings... Unfortunatly I won't be able to stop by as I have dinner plans elsewhere that night. Could everyone who is going to Concorso perhaps list here as I would love to stop by and visit. Unfortunatly the Big Yellow Taxi (my 64 330gt) won't be there for only the second time since they opened up Concorso to all Italian cars and only the third in the 20 years I've been attending the Historics. I can't say what the problem is for certain but I believe the word Vandervell is involved. Bummer. I will still be there but driving either a black and silver or a white Morgan +4 roadster (2 Morgans-no waiting). Not the Ferrari but still a lot of fun. Tim
abrent

Meet in monterey

Post by abrent »

Fantastic, this place is only as short stagger from the casa Munras. I'll be the designated drinker, see you then.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Tim,

I think I saw the yellow taxi at Laguna Seca a couple of years ago, but will look for you at Concorso parked near the Morgans!

Tom
Michael Bayer

Post by Michael Bayer »

Ttom: See you there! Will bring Vino (red of course!) Michael Bayer #9727
Charlie_Dodge

Is this the taxi?

Post by Charlie_Dodge »

Tim,

I was out surfing today and found this. Is this the Taxi at the bottom of the page?

http://www.omegamotors.com/enjoy/autosh ... orso1.html
tim

Post by tim »

Yup, that's me. I think it's a good description of my scruffy old 330 as well. Amazing what you find when you surf... Thanks, Tim
David Booth

Post by David Booth »

Hey Tom:

I'll be there as well, provided the service at the Indian restaurant hasn't gotten even worse than it's been in the past.
JimB

Post by JimB »

We'll see you Thursday.
Dining recommendation: Forget cannery row and fishermans wharf, strictly for the tourists. There are many nice restaurants within walking distance of the hotels in Monterey. The Clock Garden in downtown Monterey is very nice. One of our favorites is in Pacific Grove, Taste cafe and Bistro. There are several nice restaurants near Cafe Taste, Italian& French. Taste is on hwy 68.
Drive a little way and have a nice dining experience.

Jim Burnett

P.S. Reservations are highly recommended during this time of year.
buddy

MONTEREY

Post by buddy »

TOM , ON MY WAY TO HOOK UP WITH MICHAEL BAYER IN MONTEREY , SEE YOU THURS . NITE WITH VINO . RERGARDS , BUDDY # 9667
M.Plechaty

Monterey

Post by M.Plechaty »

Tom,
Guess I'm about 2 weeks late in reading this, as we RV'd it all weekend at the track & could have gone into town for a chat & a beverage.

Well, you will no doubt be back next year for the Ferrari weekend, so maybe we can join you then.
Mike