fan/blower motor for passenger side

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

mike66

Post by mike66 »

Does anybody have an idea where I could get the electric motor for the right side heating system? The one on my 330 is burned. It first looked like an easy order (since it's a Smiths part), but I couldn't find one yet. The blower housing is ok and I'm just looking for the motor. I'm pretty sure that billions of Triumphs etc. used a similar housing or motor. Maybe someone knows that for sure and we could add the position to the parts comparison list. Thanks for your appreciated help :-)
giovanni44

Post by giovanni44 »

Hi Mike,
Iwas looking for some other information when I ran across your post. As a result I don`t know if you ever found a fan motor. I think that the blower motor from a MG-A is the same motor as you are looking for, in fact I think it should bolt right up. I caution you to be careful when removing the old motor as the plastic housing is designed to hold the nuts for attaching the motor to the housing. Too much torque in this area cracks the housing. However these housings are the same ones used in Morris Minors and used to be availble from Smiths or Mini Mania.

Giovanni
Dr. Ian Levy

Post by Dr. Ian Levy »

Hello Mike
Don't know if you got your blower motor but check out E bay item 7900138019
It appears the sme as mine (365 GTC 4) but don't know what your car used
Regards
Ian L
Manchester
England