330 gtc engine complete

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Joel Benatar

330 gtc engine complete

Post by Joel Benatar »

Hi guys
Just to let you know that my car is complete and running. Having a great time with it. The engine rebuild really came out strong. It is amazing how much difference there seems to feel in the torque of the engine. I will be putting together some photos of the rebuild. Also I have not forgatten to take pictures of the distributors to show the Pertronix system. If any of you are at Pebble Beach and come across the crew of Alan Taylor the mechanic that built the engine is named Carmello. Will keep you all updated.
Joel[/url]
Joel Benatar

Post by Joel Benatar »

Hi there
I have just managed to get some photos on the web of the rebuild. Will attach more detail soon. Copy the link to view
Thanks
Joel

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jbenat ... ri&.view=t
JimB

Post by JimB »

Nice pictures of what looks like a first class overhaul.

Jim burnett
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Thanks for the great photos! I look forward to reading your commentary. As one with a rebuild on the horizon I would be especially interested in any surprises you encountered or changes you opted to make.
mcmichael

Post by mcmichael »

Hi, Joel-

Beautiful pictures--thank you for posting them. It looks like you did a top notch rebuild. I am curious as to how (and why) you pulled the cylinder liners. I was under the impression that they were a very tight press fit (unlike an Alfa, which is a loose slip-fit) and were only pulled--with great difficulty--when there was a big problem requiring the liner to be replaced. I'm sure you had your reasons!

Also, what is the bluish tint in picture # 64 -- between the rocker box studs?

If you were at the Concorso, it looks like I missed you. Would love to have met you and to have seen and heard your car.

Again, Thanks,

Michael Mcclure