My introduction & a request for help in looking for a 33

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Along those same lines my GTC is #9313 and I think the production date is December 1966. I have seen my car advertised for sale over the years back to 1976 always as a 1967 GTC. I guess that is close enough. I don't think the year on the title matters one bit.
Michael Bayer

Post by Michael Bayer »

Another opinion:The later cars have two motor mount engines, though are still 209s but I see no other material difference. Mine #9727 has PS and AC and they work fine, they are mostly US components (York compressor for example) and the car's cabin is small enough that a conversion to a freon alternative will enable a leaky system to be maintianed at low cost and still cool the car to unbearably low temps on the hottest days. The one drawback is the as built radiators are WAY too undercapable and require beefier fans and extra caution in summer to avoid overheating unless you have it recored to current technology. the AC on and an as built radiator and traffic is a bad mix. Michael Bayer
cak

Post by cak »

Back in the days before model years were enforced by the EPA/DOT, car titles tend to use "year first registered" as the "model year". So a 250PF built in '61 but titled as a '63 probably didn't get sold (in the US!) until '63.

There are lots and lots of British cars out there from the early 60s that ended up sitting on dealers' lots for 9-12 months before selling, and are thus titled with the "wrong" year. This is an annoyance for some, especially when this titling puts the car on the wrong side of smog check exemptions.

chris