replacement parts classische programm

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

250GT

replacement parts classische programm

Post by 250GT »

Hello, iIm interested if there are people among us who bought already new reproduced parts from the
Ferrari clacsic program?
In year febr 2008 I was in Essen on the classicmotor schow at the clinical clean stand of Ferrari classische
They reproduce now for instance the little thermostat witch comes in the big rubberwatertube behind our radiators
with the bypass that goes to the mech .heatervalve.
It it looking like a cheap 5 euro part from honkong or china but with a litte horse of course
I am luck have some N.O.S to compair. but maybe the function is ok? you cannot see any thing when its placed correct
Bay the way it cost 600 euros about 700-800-USD without post! it was not posible to get one there it must be orderd!
Well I paid my 4 champagne :I am not a member of any Ferrari club but thats not a problem

ciao
Cornelis
250GT

Re: replacement parts classische programm

Post by 250GT »

Hello guys,
Well no one seems to have expiernce with the classich program,
and thats good i think.
i was last year at Roelofs engeneering bussines.
where an 275 GTB got a compleet new engine made by him.dont aske for numbers please
this owner had bought a compleet replacement motor at the classische department
but after 2000km it was broke : hole in the block he raced with this car.
he made an reclamation of course ,they fixed the problem but after a few km it happends again.
did he get back his money! 145000 euros?? i can not say.
even a man like Mr Marcel Massini goes on disstance if you can read BETWEEN the lines
he descriped the ellena 250gt last RM London with two negatives items REPLACEMENT ENGINE, and wrong tail
(lamps are from a 3500gt vignale spider), so LIVE with nomatching numbers
well its more than a year i think maybe now they manage it now !

its only inside information.

All the best.
ciao
Cornelis
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Cornelis,

We have a lot of parts still available to us from various sources in the States (except engines), so buying from Ferrari is not a priority. I think we're all in a "wait and see" attitude. So far the news and evidence is not inspiring. Their motivation and policies are disconcerting, so many of us are waiting to see what they do next. Vintage Ferrari owners have enjoyed this hobby for over 50 years without much help from the Factory, so I think we can manage without them if they have no desire to win us over. Besides, I personally don't think the Factory cares about us, as DYIers. We're not the cash cow they were hoping to tap into. They sell more Ferrari shirts to New Ferrari Owners than they will ever make from a Vintage Ferrari Owner like me.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
peterp

Post by peterp »

I think there is a lot of disdain for Classiche because they don't offer much for the typical owner. Most owners couldn't care less about Classiche certifying their car. The owners know their cars much better than Ferrari can determine in their quick inspection process. What's more troubling is that a perfect car that hasn't been certified might bring a lower value than a lesser that has -- so it has the potential create a divide in the market based on very superficial criteria. Classiche could do more for the typical owner by making mundane parts available, but they don't seem to be doing that as far as I know.
Peter P
1966 330 2+2 series 2 #8169
tyang

Post by tyang »

Don't get me started with the certification process! In 2007, I visited the Classique tent at Laguna Seca to look at some of their certification documents. It was interesting to read the disclaimer at the back of the bound book they give you when you pay for certification:
So what exactly are you paying for if this document doesn't support any legal claim to authenticity?

Back in 2007, it was $2000 dollars to start the process without any guarantee that you would get one. The last I heard, it was somewhere around $5k!

I believe people are still paying for this certification not because it holds up in court, but because it's a way to play nice with Ferrari SpA. If you want to be invited to the next Ferrari event, put on the list for the next new Ferrari, or allowed in to some F1 event, you'll make sure every Ferrari you own has certification. It's the price of admission past the velvet ropes!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
peterp

Post by peterp »

That's a lot of disclaimers, not surprising though considering their methodology. I know one person who put their car through Classiche. It was an ultra low mile 308 and he was able to get it done through a local dealer, who took LOTS of photos and submitted to Classiche for certification. The dealer also took a lot of photos for their own because they viewed it as a "time capsule" car. For this particular car, I have no doubt that everything was fine because it only had a couple thousand miles from new, but submitting by photo only seems very suspect (although presumably the local dealer adds some physical inspection to the mix).

It would be great if Classiche would provide some parts. If they went too far, it could crush the few cottage industry providers we have and need, and I'd much rather support a local shop than Ferrari for vintage service/parts, but it seems like being a reliable parts supplier would help all. For example, I'm looking for oil breather vent hoses and have checked the usual suspects and nobody seems to have had them for several years. All I've been able to dig up are the photos on Kerry's site -- it would be great if Classiche could provide items like this (and it seems like this would help both owners and local shops).
Peter P
1966 330 2+2 series 2 #8169
JAV

Post by JAV »

Just last month, I was quoted 6k to start by the local F dealer. I was most interested in getting build sheets - which they said would not be provided at that (or any) figure. I saw a similar disclaimer in the nice red padded binder they show you as a sample of what you get for your money. I find it hard to believe anyone with a sense of value would opt to do this.
John Viveiros
1964 250 GTL
Jim

Post by Jim »

The appropriate name for Ferrari"s certification (?extortion) process is Declassiche Program.
Jim
'67 330 GTS
s/n 10567
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Post by Rudy van Daalen Wetters »

I am with Jim. The whole thing wreaks of crap!
Smoke and mirrors, there is nothing that appeals to me about
this nonsense program. The factory should focus on manufacturing
new cars and leave the vintage car interests to those that really care
about them.

Rudy van Daalen Wetters
1963 GTE s/n 4001
1966 330 GT s/n 8705