Marchal Hose

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Chris Coios

Marchal Hose

Post by Chris Coios »

Tom, I believe the hose for Marchal Fulgor and Marchal Stridor horn sets is clear. Chris
tyang

Re: Marchal Hose

Post by tyang »

Hi Chris,

Thanks. I just broke out my McMaster Carr catalog, and found dozens of hoses. PVC, Polyethylene, PEX, Polyurethane, and the list goes on. I've got some ideas, but any suggestions would be much appreciated. There has to be a "hose" expert out there!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Chris Coios

Post by Chris Coios »

I am not sure about oil resistance, but some formualtions of polyethylene are used for archival storage bags for both advantageous reasons of clarity and being inert. I would expect that the original hoses over time probably turned cloudy or brown from oil contamination. I will defer to the chemists for the material options.
carello

Post by carello »

Chris Coios wrote:I am not sure about oil resistance, but some formualtions of polyethylene are used for archival storage bags for both advantageous reasons of clarity and being inert. I would expect that the original hoses over time probably turned cloudy or brown from oil contamination. I will defer to the chemists for the material options.
Chris, i would agree that the original hose patina with age, compressor oily breath and engine fume intake porting. Tom , i think i remember the clarity of 1960 hose from my model airplane youth as being 95% clear, just slightly, not quite crystal clarity of today. As this tubing took on model airplane fuel, i would patina yellow, then brown.
Here is a photo from Ebay of a 1961 Renault set that was removed in 2008 from a 1961 Renault.

It appears the "y" might be pot metal or alloy, the tubing fairly heavy wall.

If you have the duty to remove this March 1960 PF coupe Fulgor horn, please provide us with incredible detail photos of all pieces and name plates as well as dimensions. The horn set you show has a green trumpet nipple port and a yellow trumpet nipple port.........I see the Renault set has the short trumpet with yellow markings...interesting that the yellow is on the short trumpet of both.

Can you get a detail photo of the compressor plate please?
Craig
MarchalFulgor1961.JPG
MarchalFulgor1961.JPG (52.38 KiB) Viewed 8941 times
Attachments
1747_90.jpg
1747_90.jpg (104.68 KiB) Viewed 8944 times
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Craig,

The internet is taking a collective sigh as we start a new thread on Marchal horn detailing! I commend it as it's the attention to details like these that keep the judging of these cars accurate.

The nice thing about the car with the Marchal horns is that it is a largely untouched car, so many of the details are original. I have the cast alloy "Y" for tubes, but the original tube was replaced. I'll try to take some detailed pictures of the horns and compressor for you next week.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
carello

Post by carello »

tyang wrote:Hi Craig,The internet is taking a collective sigh as we start a new thread on Marchal horn detailing! I commend it as it's the attention to details like these that keep the judging of these cars accurate.The nice thing about the car with the Marchal horns is that it is a largely untouched car, so many of the details are original. I have the cast alloy "Y" for tubes, but the original tube was replaced. I'll try to take some detailed pictures of the horns and compressor for you next week. Tom
Tom, the horn compressor pictured appears to be missing the terminal boots i would expect on the termainals. It seems to me the collar portion is still there, but the cap portion is missing, but the picture is small. Fulgor Marchal details are not easily found.
Craig
Attachments
MarchalFulgorAd1954_1.JPG
MarchalFulgorAd1954_1.JPG (52.19 KiB) Viewed 8809 times
carello

Post by carello »

Found on Ebay
Attachments
Marchal_Fulgor_Stridor_1953.jpg
Marchal_Fulgor_Stridor_1953.jpg (106.8 KiB) Viewed 8771 times
tyang

Post by tyang »

Tom, the horn compressor pictured appears to be missing the terminal boots i would expect on the termainals. It seems to me the collar portion is still there, but the cap portion is missing, but the picture is small. Fulgor Marchal details are not easily found.
Craig
Hi Craig,

Yeah, it's missing the boots. Readily available from Parker Hall.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
carello

Post by carello »

Hi Tom, A good resource for me has been -
http://www.britishwiring.com/
click on catalog - you will see many choices
click on - Battery & Starter terminals for boots
other Yangsters may have good sources as well.
hope this helps
Craig
Attachments
TerminalBoots1.jpg
TerminalBoots1.jpg (6.07 KiB) Viewed 8716 times
Daytona73

Post by Daytona73 »

I found this picture for the hose yellow patina .(from the Bonhams sale 14266 15 Nov 2006 Lot 13)
Marchal Fulgor with M3 compressor.jpg
Marchal Fulgor with M3 compressor.jpg (22.44 KiB) Viewed 8620 times
250GT

Post by 250GT »

The newer Marchal stuff 365 or Daytona??
No idea.
C.
Attachments
N.O.S
N.O.S
IMG_2396.jpg (46 KiB) Viewed 8579 times
IMG_2394.jpg
IMG_2394.jpg (44.33 KiB) Viewed 8578 times
Daytona73

Post by Daytona73 »

buurman wrote:The newer Marchal stuff 365 or Daytona??
No idea.
C.
It doesn't belong to a Daytona.
Daytonas have "Serie 2000" FIAMM.