Road Trip!

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tyang

Re: Road Trip!

Post by tyang »

Timo wrote:Tom and everybody,
as I mentioned earlier, I'd be honored to host a small gathering at my humble shop to any and all who cares to join, but would like to get some advance notice for possible turn-out to make restaurant reservations and other small preparations.
Unfortunately, I don't have many "F" cars in the shop at the moment, just couple of Daytonas, of which one or both may or may not be done and gone by Friday, weather and schedules permitting. Therefor, if anyone besides the "guest of honors" in the Queen wanted to show up in theirs, it would be even better.
And if anyone from L.A./O.C. wanted to get here before becoming stuck in the afternoon traffic, that would be fine by me.
Timo
Hi Timo,

I will give you a confirmation on our plans by tomorrow!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Timo,

I'd love to take you up on your offer to meet at your shop and grab some dinner on Friday night in Riverside. I think we can make it to your shop at about 4pm if that is O.K. provided any unforeseen issues we have with the car. I'll call if anything happens.

Mike W., Tom W., would you guys be interested in joining us? Anyone else want to come out?

I spoke to Bob Wallace, and he was surprisingly receptive about a visit early Friday morning, so I'm looking forward to meeting him. We'll hit the road as soon as we can.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
mikewegener

Post by mikewegener »

Sounds great Tom. I will be there. Need directions for Timo's shop though.....
Mike
enio45

Post by enio45 »

Tom, when you get to Phoenix, lets plan to say HI.....

Im outside phoenix in Gilbert. You can look over the 330 project im working on :D
Ed Montini
330 GT 2+2 Series II - 8289
58 Ellena - 0855GT - orig drivetrain
87 El Camino SS
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Mike,

Timo Tanskanen
5885 Jurupa Ave
Riverside, CA 92504

951-687-6579

4 pm ish.

If anyone wants to join us for dinner, please PM Timo and let him know to get a head count. For those that don't know, it's Valentine's Day weekend! How inconvenient!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Ed,

That's right!!! I forgot you're out there. Oh boy, I'll have to figure this out!

How far are you from the airport?

Tom
enio45 wrote:Tom, when you get to Phoenix, lets plan to say HI.....

Im outside phoenix in Gilbert. You can look over the 330 project im working on :D
'63 330 America #5053
enio45

Post by enio45 »

about 35 min south east from the airport

come out a day earlier!!
Ed Montini
330 GT 2+2 Series II - 8289
58 Ellena - 0855GT - orig drivetrain
87 El Camino SS
tyang

Post by tyang »

enio45 wrote:about 35 min south east from the airport

come out a day earlier!!
I'm already coming out on Thursday Night, a day early and am running out of time to do all the things I want to do!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
tyang

Post by tyang »

O.K. This is either going to be a lot of fun, or a real pain in the butt, but I'm willing to give it a try.

http://twitter.com/

tomyangnet

If you don't know what this is, don't worry about it, but if you do, you may be able to follow what I'm up to in the next several days in real time.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
lukek

Post by lukek »

Tom,

Happy to host in San Francisco. Will you be here by Friday. Feb 13?
Reason I ask... is that I will be on a plane, bound for a week of Colorado skiing on Saturday morning.
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
tyang

Post by tyang »

lukek wrote:Tom,

Happy to host in San Francisco. Will you be here by Friday. Feb 13?
Reason I ask... is that I will be on a plane, bound for a week of Colorado skiing on Saturday morning.
Hi Luke,

Sorry, I won't get into town until Saturday afternoon!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
carello

Post by carello »

tyang wrote:O.K. This is either going to be a lot of fun, or a real pain in the butt, but I'm willing to give it a try.

tomyangnet

If you don't know what this is, don't worry about it, but if you do, you may be able to follow what I'm up to in the next several days in real time.

Tom
Tom, i signed up for twitter as p400. Have little idea as to how to use Twitter yet. Pretty sure i do not have texting on my phone, as it probably cost more. John McCain and Brittany Spears have Twitter, so it must be good! Excited to see how things progress. Stay safe, think cool, avoid distractions, but put the hammer down! :D
Craig
tyang

Post by tyang »

carello wrote:
tyang wrote:O.K. This is either going to be a lot of fun, or a real pain in the butt, but I'm willing to give it a try.

tomyangnet

Tom
Tom, i signed up for twitter as p400. Have little idea as to how to use Twitter yet. Pretty sure i do not have texting on my phone, as it probably cost more. John McCain and Brittany Spears have Twitter, so it must be good! Excited to see how things progress. Stay safe, think cool, avoid distractions, but put the hammer down! :D
Craig
If you go to the twitter website, sign in, and lookup tomyangnet you can see updates to my journey as I txt them to twitter. That way if you can't wait until I post the complete story, you can get an idea where we are in real time....Just another time waster on the Internet, but at least it has something to do with Ferraris!
'63 330 America #5053
davidoloan

Post by davidoloan »

Looks like Gordon Brown's following along too!http://twitter.com/DowningStreet
Attachments
twitter.JPG
twitter.JPG (13.03 KiB) Viewed 8862 times
David,

1992 BMW M5 3.8
1994 Maserati Ghibli
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Hi Tom,

I'm about 30 minutes east of San Francisco (normal traffic). I'll give you my phone number and give me a ring and we'll see if we can connect.

john
PF Coupe