Road Trip!

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

365 GT 2+2

Re: Road Trip!

Post by 365 GT 2+2 »

Hey Dick - I'll send you a PM as well...but I just saw this. I am planning on heading down to Dino Motors today (Wed). You avail this afternoon? And indeed maybe we can record the note from the your exhaust and my newly installed Ansa system. We'll be able to provide guys with a good reference point if anyone is considering the stainless steel or the Ansa...
sjvalin

Post by sjvalin »

365 GT 2+2 wrote: In the meantime, who are the other Queen owners on the West Coast? I know we've got Knudsen and now Dick - that's three in the Bay Area alone...anyoe else? Maybe a meeting of the Queens is in order (and any other model, too) :D
I have a silver/blue 1968 Queen, but I live up in the Sierra foothills. I have had the car down at Monterey in the past, but will probably not bring it this year. Of course, if anyone wants to take a ride up to the Grass Valley area, it would be fun to go for a drive on some of the great roads around here! There's also a local Grass Valley car show on April 25th that I'll have my cars in. Anyone with a pre '72 car is welcome to join the fun.

TomY - sorry I missed you while you were out here, but I'm sure I'll see you (and hopefully Yale) in Monterey in August!

-steve
1968 365GT2+2 11649 ; 1971 365GTB/4 14201 ; 1985 308GTS QV 56585
Yale

Post by Yale »

Nope I'm not going until there is only one Italian car show on the same day:

On Friday Aug. 14
Concorso Italiano has transitioned to new ownership. The ownership group, led by Tom McDowell, will continue our rich 24-year tradition as a leading participant in the festival of automobiles in the Monterey Peninsula. This year the event will offer new features amidst a beautiful setting, befitting the superb quality of the exotic Italian automobiles. In 2009 we will also build upon the tremendous success of prior years and continue to be a destination for those passionate about Italian lifestyle, and most importantly, Italian automobiles.

&

On Friday Au. 14
La Dolce Vita ~ Automobili at Black Horse is an event that will take you back to the early days of the Italian car shows in Monterey. Remember when it felt like a big exotic car related family all gathered together on the grass for a large family reunion? That is what La Dolce Vita Automobili is about. Join us in an opportunity to meet and talk to other enthusiasts and experts, share passions, and enjoy people from all around the world. Come rediscover the fun and friendships on the grass of La Dolce Vita ~ Automobili at Black Horse.
Ex - 1964 330GT #6097
1963 Abarth Monomille
1970 Porsche 911S
1974 BMW 2002turbo
sjvalin

Post by sjvalin »

Yale wrote:Nope I'm not going until there is only one Italian car show on the same day:
This may be a good thing. I am hoping that the old cars will gravitate to one of the events and leave the new cars at the other. Time will tell.

Besides, I thought it was also about meeting up with friends? :)

-steve
1968 365GT2+2 11649 ; 1971 365GTB/4 14201 ; 1985 308GTS QV 56585
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Steve,

I'll see you in Monterey, or maybe sooner!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053