Posting Pictures to this Website

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tyang

Posting Pictures to this Website

Post by tyang »

When posting pictures to this forum you first have to create an image that will fit the frame work of this forum.

An image at 72 dpi and approximately 500 pixels across seems to look good. Use any popular image editing software to resize the image to the smaller size and save it as another name so you don't erase the original high resolution file.

Once you have an image ready to post to the forum, sign on to the forum and click on "reply," or "new topic" to post a message.

Scroll down to the bottom of a new message page, and click on the tab "upload attachments."

Click on "browse..." and select the file on your computer's hard drive that you want to include in the post. Click "Add the file" once the correct file is selected.

Write in the message text box you message, and click "submit."

You can also click preview to see if the image uploaded properly and is appearing in your post the way you want it.

I hope this all make sense, and if anyone has anything to add, please chime in!

Tom Yang
'63 330 America #5053
Steve Meltzer

Re: Posting Pictures to this Website

Post by Steve Meltzer »

There's really too much irony in my posting this, ignorant as I am about computers, cameras and life in general, but if you're a Mac user this worked for me.

1) Select your photo(s) by clicking on it in your photo album, then
2) Go to File, pull down the menu and click on Export
3) In the export box, click on " file export"
4) For type, select JPEG and use "medium" quality and "medium" size
5) You can fill in "file name" if you want to, but not critical
6) Click on "export" and save to desktop (or, create a folder for it if you'd like)
7) You can also skip #1 and go directly to "export" from "file" in the menu bar and then click on the "export button" in the lower righthand corner and it will take you through steps 2-7.
8) Your pictures are now on the desktop
9) When you've written your reply on Tom's site, scroll down to "upload attachments" and click on it, then click on "Choose".
10) Choose your picture from the desktop and then click on "add file". Repeat if you have more than one picture.
11) Submit, and you're done (this last step is also critical in marital disputes)

Regards, steve meltzer
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
2837GT

Post by 2837GT »

Thanks for the tips Steve
Attachments
Goodwood House.jpg
Goodwood House.jpg (68.91 KiB) Viewed 20554 times
enio45

Post by enio45 »

test
test