Ferris Buehler's Day Off Re-Dux

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

365 GT 2+2

Ferris Buehler's Day Off Re-Dux

Post by 365 GT 2+2 »

For those of you who haven't seen it, Ferris Buehler (played by Matthew Broderick) convinces his pal to take his Dad's 250 GT California out for a day on the town while playing hooky. When they went to park the car at a garage, the 'parking guys' of course took the car out and drove it hard - real hard while putting a few hundred miles on it..it's a classic scene.

Fast forward to March 16th 2009. Parked my Queen at a parking garage while on business in Sacramento, CA. I ALWAYS park it myself but in this case I had no choice - something about insurance and I absolutely needed to park to make a meeting.

Result: Smashed-in left front bumper light. Not the one towards the side, but the big amber colored (at least mine are amber - I have seen clear ones, too) turn signal light that is sort of long and almost elliptical.

Where to get a replacement?

Shit.
tyang

Re: Ferris Buehler's Day Off Re-Dux

Post by tyang »

Sorry to hear about this Tom. I know Tom K. made side marker lights, but I don't know about the big ones. Hopefully someone will have a lead. I hope the parking garage is paying for it!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
mdempsey

Post by mdempsey »

I think several of the suppliers listed on Tom's site have them. They are readily available but not cheap for what they are.
365 GT 2+2

Post by 365 GT 2+2 »

Yep - thanks Mark. Found em. Thanks bud.
Timo

Post by Timo »

365 GT 2+2 wrote:Result: Smashed-in left front bumper light.
Not that it's any consolation, but that silver Daytona that was in my shop during Your visit had similar fate couple of weeks ago.
Week after the owner had picked it up, he took the car to a small event in Burbank and while it sat parked, one of 'dem Hummers nicked the left front corner and ripped the left front bumper off while trying to parallel park, by pulling in with nose first (!!!), in front of it. Yeah, S#%t happens !
Cheers,
Timo
Timo