330 GT listed at Symbolic Motors

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

TNF

330 GT listed at Symbolic Motors

Post by TNF »

Has anybody taken a look at the 330GT listed for sale at www.symbolicmotors.com?

No mention of price, but looks stunning! If anyone has seen her in the flesh, I would love a review....

Thanks,

Tim
Joel Benatar

Post by Joel Benatar »

Hi
Strange but on Saturday morning I was down at Symbolics showroom to get info on the new Bentley Continental Gt and happened to see the 330 gt. From looks only the car is in great shape. The paint is great and the interior has been redone. The engine compartment looked totally correct. Unfortunately there was no price around it and I was in a rush to find out.

Joel Benatar
william

symbolic 330 GT

Post by william »

Is this the same car that was listed on ebay a week ago, starting at 60,000????

William
330GT

Post by 330GT »

Yes, this is the same car, SN 8373. See http://www.parrotbyte.com/330GTRegistry?8373.

I saw it at Symbolic a few weeks ago. It's quite nice.

Symbolic had it for sale on their website for 79K last year and then 75K this February. A lot of money for a 330 GT, no matter what the condition.

Regards, Kerry
andy

Post by andy »

I have been watching that car as well. From the pictures it looks amazing. Sounds like someone poured a lot of money into it. However I think their current asking price is based on the "greater fool" theory.

Andy
Joel Benatar

Post by Joel Benatar »

Hi
Just spoke to Nick at Symbolic. The car has been back sold back to Symbolic 3 times over the last 3 years. About 10 years ago a complete restoration was done for $150 000. He says there are some signs of wear however she runs exceptionally well. They are currently asking $69 000.
Thanks
Joel
enio45

Symbolic 330

Post by enio45 »

I visited this car after the Monterey show while i was in san diego. Its a nice car, nicely restored and correct. Paint and Interior show some wear since restoration. They are asking 69K as indicated.
They did say the body and bodywork came from the Neathercut Collections and someone else put it together.

I took a number of pics if anyone would like to see then...let me know and ill send them to u on line. Its alot for the car, but its done.....probably worth 60K. Considering the cost of doing one and if you have more money than time, maybe a good way to go. Having my own experience in doing one, its easy to get to 50K in cost without labor!!
tyang

Post by tyang »

Call me crazy, but $69,000 doesn't sound that bad if the car is a "need nothing" car. That's a big "IF" to see if the car actually needs nothing, but you certainly cannot buy and restore a car for that kind of money. If someone offered me a completed 330 America for $70K four years ago, I would have certainly thought it was too much, but if you add up the receipts, and the hours I put into my car...

Since we're on the topic of resale, how come it's always car owners that talk about resale, but you never hear boat owners, or airplane owners complain about depreciation. My guess is they are simply enjoying the ownership, and NOT caring about resale!

Tom
Michael Bayer

Post by Michael Bayer »

I have been through this car twice, once about two years ago when they had it and about a month ago, happy to share my thoughts with you if you are really serious. Michael Bayer
Alberto

Post by Alberto »

I am new to the Board and only recently took an interest in 330 2+2's (don't hold that against me). I have seen this car at Symbolic. I was considering pursuing it, but the price put me off. (Someone once told me to take Symbolic's asking price, subtract $10,000 and then start negotiating. This may be apropo in this case as well).

It is in generally good condition. Paint has some flaws, interior looks quite good. Engine bay is clean. I would grade it about a 3 to 3+ condition wise, at least to my eye. I am not that familiar with these cars, so I cannot speak to originality. The car really looks beautiful in black and interior complements the black. It is really a charming car. They are asking $75,000. I was told that the previous owner had it for 8 months and traded it in for a 456GT because he wanted something more modern. Supposedly the list price is what they sold the car to him for. Let me know if you would like more information.

They also have a 330 GTC for $89,000 asking, but that one is much more rough around the edges.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Alberto,

This forum would NEVER hold it against you for liking a 330GT 2+2, that's because many of us here own a 2+2. Those who pooh -pooh the 2+2s obviously never owned one.

Tom
Last edited by tyang on Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alberto

Post by Alberto »

Tom:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I own a 328 and have been thinking about getting something a little more practical, perhaps to drive daily or at least regularly. Thus, my recent interest in your site and in 330's in general. My real problem is that I seem to like every Italian car ever made in or around Modena. In any event, thanks for the welcome. This chat room and your site seem like they are extremely well run. Not sure how you administer it [u]and[/u] restore your car.

Alberto.
Alberto

Post by Alberto »

It appears that this 330GT 2+2 has sold (at least Symbolic had it listed as sold at their exhibit at the Coronado races here in San Diego).
jsa3

Post by jsa3 »

It's not on their website anymore.
xs10shl

Post by xs10shl »

I peered under the hood of this vehicle as they were prepping it for auction at RM in August (I think it was the same one - it showed up 1/2 hour before it's scheduled slot, and was a no-sale) - there were patterns of dried antifreeze all over the engine compartment which suggested the car had overheated recently, or at least had a faulty radiator cap. I hope they fixed the problem prior to sale.