The Quail

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

365 GT 2+2

The Quail

Post by 365 GT 2+2 »

Does this mean I get a ticket?!

Subject: Quail Motorsports Gathering

Dear Mr. Budinger,

Thank you for your email regarding entering your Ferrari 365 GT 2+2 in the 2009 Quail Motorsports Gathering. First, I would like to apologize for not getting back to you in a timely manner. I presented the email that you sent to Courtney about your cars to the committee and they would like to accept your car for the event. I have included an entrant application form, as well as a payment form for you to fill out and fax back to me if you are still interested. Our fax number is (831) 625-2311. Also, we would like to have a photograph of the car as well as a short history/biography (max. 120 words) for the Quail Magazine. If you have any further questions, please contact me. I look forward to receiving your information. Thank you!
xs10shl

Re: The Quail

Post by xs10shl »

It means you get 2, actually.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Yes, two tickets, for a price. Next, find a place to stay. My car will be there also, provided current work is finished in time (rebuilding steering box).
Jim
'67 330 GTS
s/n 10567
tyang

Post by tyang »

That's great news for both of you! Tix to Quail are becoming the hot ticket in Monterey!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Speaking of tickets, does anybody have an extra?
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
abrent

Post by abrent »

Like Tom Wilson I'm looking for a good soul to part with three tickets if at all possible. Cash, of course.

Anyone- anyone?

Regards,

Andrew.
klv

Post by klv »

Hi guys

We have 1 spare ticket at this stage according to She Who Must Be Obeyed, possibly 2, depending upon what TomY has sorted out!

As an aside, we unloaded the 365GT and Alfa 1750GTV from the container yesterday. The 365 fired up once we reconnected the battery, the Alfa didn't want to know...

Lots of interesting stuff in the CARS UK warehouse, will detail some highlights later on!

Cheers

Andrew S.
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Hey Andrew - If it is available I will take it! PM me for details.
abrent

Post by abrent »

Damm, too slow. Anyone else???
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Ah yes, grasshopper... when you can grab the ticket out of my hand, then you will be ready...
klv

Post by klv »

If you missed out on Quail tickets, you could always try this event:
http://www.concoursdlemons.com/

Looks like it will be fun!

Sorry about the ticket Andrew B - we'll try and help out someone from 'downunder' if we can! Will keep you posted...

Andrew S.
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens
xs10shl

Post by xs10shl »

I guess the good news is that now there's so many events on Friday that spare Quail tickets my pop up at only $900, instead of the expected $1200 resale price.

I'd personally love to see what Monterey Bay Concours was planning on putting together. I hope that someone takes pictures.

Just to recap, your Friday options now are:
Quail
Monterey Bay Concours
Concorso Italiano
Laguna Seca
Tour d'Elegance

Not to mention the scores of auctions, previews, and other sales going on around the neighborhood.

No rest for the weary. We'll all be burned out and ready to go home by the time Sunday rolls around.
330GT

Post by 330GT »

xs10shl wrote:I guess the good news is that now there's so many events on Friday that spare Quail tickets my pop up at only $900, instead of the expected $1200 resale price.

I'd personally love to see what Monterey Bay Concours was planning on putting together. I hope that someone takes pictures.

Quail
Monterey Bay Concours
Concorso Italiano
Laguna Seca
Tour d'Elegance

Not to mention the scores of auctions, previews, and other sales going on around the neighborhood.

No rest for the weary. We'll all be burned out and ready to go home by the time Sunday rolls around.
The Tour is on Thursday. Still a lot of things to do on Friday.

TomY, party Thursday evening, same place?
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

tyang

Post by tyang »

330GT wrote:
xs10shl wrote:I guess the good news is that now there's so many events on Friday that spare Quail tickets my pop up at only $900, instead of the expected $1200 resale price.

Quail
Monterey Bay Concours
Concorso Italiano
Laguna Seca
Tour d'Elegance

The Tour is on Thursday. Still a lot of things to do on Friday.

TomY, party Thursday evening, same place?
I've been trying to figure out the Thursday night party. Tom S. is NOT sponsoring the party this year, so we may not be able to use the Mariposa this year. Tom W. was suggesting a room at a local restaurant, and I'm open to suggestions. I could try to contact the president of the Lambo club and see if we can slum at the breakfast room without Tom S.?

Tom
'63 330 America #5053