FCA Nationals in Wisconson

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Admiral Goodwrench

Re: FCA Nationals in Wisconson

Post by Admiral Goodwrench »

Dear Tom and other Yangsters,

Regarding your posting:
"We'll be arriving in Elkhart Lake in time for the FCA Concours on Thursday July 30th. After the Show, I'd like to meet anyone at the host hotel, the Ostoff Hotel, for drinks and possible dinner. We can meet at the Hotel Bar between 6:30-7:30ish and make decisions from there."

HelenAnn and I and the little blue car will be at the Concours Thursday and we will find you at the hotel bar. If the weather is forecast to be dry on Saturday then I plan on some gentle exercise with the little blue car on the track at RA. If the forecast for Saturday is wet, then I will do the driving on Friday. It will be a sentimental series of laps because the last time the car was raced before I bought it in 1960 was the Road America 500 at Elkhart Lake in September 1959. Hopefully the fifty year gap will have dimmed the memory of the seized differential the last time it was here. The drivers from that race, Robert Ready Davis and Jack Hergenroether, are no longer with us. As a matter of fact, the only surviving drivers of my car are Gino Munaron and myself.

See you all in Wisconsin and think positive for a dry Thursday and Saturday.

Best regards,
Robert
500 Mondial SII 0556(0446)/MD
TOMKIZER

Post by TOMKIZER »

Admiral,

I look forward to meeting you and Mrs. Phillips, as well as the little blue car, in Elkhart Lake. I'm planning to be in the bar at the Osthoff on Thursday evening as well, but by then, I'll probably already have met you at the Concours.

Tom Kizer
So many sidewalk cafés - so little time left.
1969 365 GT 2+2 S/N 12293 (Gone but not forgotten)
1967 230 SL 4-spd (Currently on CPR)
Admiral Goodwrench

Dear Tom K,

Will be happy to show the little blue car to you at the Concours. Also looking forward to seeing your queen. Bryan and Michael B will be struggling to reinstall the tranny in Bryan's queen while we are enjoying the show.

Best regards,
Robert
tyang

Post by tyang »

Admiral Goodwrench wrote:Dear Tom K,

Will be happy to show the little blue car to you at the Concours. Also looking forward to seeing your queen. Bryan and Michael B will be struggling to reinstall the tranny in Bryan's queen while we are enjoying the show.

Best regards,
...and that transmission is no lightweight!

See you in Wisconsin!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
sam231

Post by sam231 »

Admiral, I too am looking forward to meeting you and your wife and the "Little Blue Car". I hope you are up for an autograph or two :>)

Sam
'72 365 GTC/4 # 14953; ex-owner 330 GT 2+2 # 8025 :>(
Admiral Goodwrench

Dear Sam,

I will be happy to give you an autograph. By the way you need to check with Michael B as to what the cost will be for the autograph... a deal particularly for C/4 owners.

Best regards,
Robert
sam231

Post by sam231 »

Ah, you have a shrewd man acting as your agent. The cost will probably cover an engine rebuild ...;>)
Bryan P

Post by Bryan P »

tyang wrote:
Admiral Goodwrench wrote:Dear Tom K,

Best regards,
...and that transmission is no lightweight!

See you in Wisconsin!

Tom
Re-originals sells hernia belts, so we'll be ok!

yall have fun in Wisc.

Bryan
1968 365 GT 2+2
s/n 11199
1955 s.II 500 Mondial
s/n 0556(0446)MD
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale
Michael Bayer

Post by Michael Bayer »

I plan to offer signed "little blue car" photos on E Bay soon! By the way when you hear that Mondial's marvelous motor fire up it's anything but little, it has a most serious growl!
Michael J. Bayer
330GT s/n 9727
365GTC4 s/n 14943
Dino Spider s/n 1193
jcwconsult

Post by jcwconsult »

Sorry I cannot join the festivities at FCA2009. We made plans to do a long drive in southern Ohio this year. I hope everyone has a great time.
Jim Walker
365 GT 2+2 #12451
TOMKIZER

Post by TOMKIZER »

You and Molly will be missed, and that yellow thing will be missed because it makes it feel sunny, even in the rain.

Have fun in S. Ohio.

Tom Kizer
So many sidewalk cafés - so little time left.
1969 365 GT 2+2 S/N 12293 (Gone but not forgotten)
1967 230 SL 4-spd (Currently on CPR)
tyang

Post by tyang »

Three Days and Counting!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
sam231

Post by sam231 »

She's (or he's) ready to go! Stockpiled 5 quarts of oil, brake fluid, extra coil & fuel pump, strip ties, tools, jack bag, folding chair, books, gps, cooler, cleaning and waxing stuff....Tom, where are we going to put our clothes?

Maybe I should add a roof rack for fun ;>)
tyang

Post by tyang »

That's the nice thing about a 2+2 car. There's tons of room behind the front seats. Besides, I'm used to traveling in Ferraris by traveling light.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Everyone,

18 hours to go before I join Sam on this Road Trip to Elkhart Lake WI! Sam arrives at my house with his Ferrari 365GTC/4 in a few hours, and we'll leave in the morning.

The first stop is a town outside of Cleveland called Elyria, OH. There we'll hook up with Tom Kizer, and a long time Ferrari owner, General Marsh. General used to own a GTE, having sold it a few years ago, but still has a couple Ferraris in his collection. Another local 330 owner may come out to meet us as well, so that might be the largest gathering of Vintage Ferrari owners in the whole state of Ohio on a Monday night!

Tuesday we head out to Indiana to meet a Vintage Ferrari Giant. Hilary Raab has invited us out to his house and we'll join him for dinner at a local restaurant. I'll have to rest all day during the car ride out for the "Ferrari Talk" we'll have Tuesday night!

Wednesday, we all drive through Chicago for the approximate 4 hour drive to Elkhart Lake Wisconsin.

Thursday is the FCA Concours.

Thursday night, we'll meet at the host hotel for drinks and possibly dinner.

Friday, I've been invited to Motion Products in Neenah WI to tour their shop. I'm getting there first thing in the morning so I can get plenty of time to do one more thing In WI, and that's the EAA Oshkosh Fly Inn.

I fly home Saturday, and I'm sure I'll be sleeping on the plane.

And then there's Monterey in a week...

Tom

P.S. Don't forget, I'm "tweeting" about this trip as "tomyangnet" on twitter.
'63 330 America #5053