Monterey 2009

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Yale

Re: Monterey 2009

Post by Yale »

You can buy the tickets by the day at the gate but Tom Y found a 7/11 that sells discounted ones on the way to the track. I think it was a 7/11? Anyway he can tell you. Best, Yale
Ex - 1964 330GT #6097
1963 Abarth Monomille
1970 Porsche 911S
1974 BMW 2002turbo
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

They are $65 for all day Saturday if paid in advance. Overseas orders need to be picked up at the Embassy Suites in Monterey at this late date. If you want, I can get some for you and we can swap tickets at Tom's thing on Thursday.
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

By the way, I have limited access to a car on Thursday and Friday. If anybody is in Carmel and going to the Quail Friday or Laguna Seca on Friday, I would love to hitch a ride.
hangten

Post by hangten »

I have a nice two room suite available in Carmel near Ocean Ave
for ck in Wed. 8/12 to ck out Mon. 8/17.
Anyone interested contact me.
Aloha,
Mark
(808)638-8920
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

I have got my ride for the Quail (thank you Andrew and Kelly!) and am still looking for a lift to and from the races on Saturday. I will be happy to meet anybody in Monterey or Carmel.

I was wondering if it might make sense for us all to use twitter during the Monterey week. It would be nice to be able to meet up with you guys when we can. By doing so, we can know that a group is at the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca or that a particular gathering stinks and everybody is heading elsewhere. I am not normally a fan of so much information, but in Monterey, it might make sense. Tom Y, you used it on your road trip, what do you think?
tyang

Post by tyang »

Tom Wilson wrote:I have got my ride for the Quail (thank you Andrew and Kelly!) and am still looking for a lift to and from the races on Saturday. I will be happy to meet anybody in Monterey or Carmel.

I was wondering if it might make sense for us all to use twitter during the Monterey week. It would be nice to be able to meet up with you guys when we can. By doing so, we can know that a group is at the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca or that a particular gathering stinks and everybody is heading elsewhere. I am not normally a fan of so much information, but in Monterey, it might make sense. Tom Y, you used it on your road trip, what do you think?
Hi Tom,

I'm pretty free on Saturday with the track being the only thing I plan to do, so I'm sure I can shuttle you to and fro.

Twitter sounds like a great idea, but if I start receiving texts from twitter (Sorry, I have it set up for posting only) I'll get a ton of Texts with barely any time to figure out how to meet. People are more than welcome to contact me privately for my cell number to specifically meet, but I will try to Tweet at least a couple times a day so people know where I am.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Thanks! I would greatly appreciate the ride. We can talk at your party about were to meet.

I understand what you say about twitter, but if everybody sends and nobody receives, it kinda defeats the purpose! I don't really know much about it, but when you made your posts, it just appeared on my phone as one long column of statements. I could look at it at any time and read what you said. Can one make a twitter place where a bunch of people can post on the same screen instead of receiving individual messages? I would not anticipate answering many of these, just want to know what is going on. Missed too many good events last time because I didn't hear about them until the next day! Of course, that may have been intentional....
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Ok, I just went to the source... I consulted my UCLA intern. She says each person who is involved should post a note as they go to something and we will all get notified. Then, when you are ready to leave something, you would go to twitter and see a single list of statements from other folks. You could see that three are at one event, two are at another and 17 are in the bar and make your decision from there. She says in this situation nobody should respond, just post; otherwise as Tom Y says, we will spend all day saying 'k.

Thoughts? Anybody use this thing?
tyang

Post by tyang »

I can also Tweet and tell how many of us are together so people can decide if they want to join us. for instance:
"Laguna, meguires tent, plus 5"

Since there is only 30 some odd people following me on twitter, it might not be worth it, but I'll it if it helps.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
srslusso

Post by srslusso »

I will attend the dinner Thursday nt, I am staying at Casa Munras in Monterey with the FCA if anyone needs a ride. I have one ticket for the Quail and am planning on going early and then going to Concorso I later if someone wants to try and reuse the wristband later ?????
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Tom - I think your plan will work fine. It will give us a congregating place for when we are looking for company.
srslusso

Post by srslusso »

Tom what time is the dinner at Lugano Turs nt. ?
Former owner
Several Vintage Ferraris
Incl T de F Zagato 0515
Lusso 33 years
2 Queens 11727 & 11835 looking for another now !
2004 575M 135175 now
tyang

Post by tyang »

I'm trying to plan drinks from 6-7 and dinner at 7 pm. I will call the restaurant to confirm in the next week.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
abrent

Post by abrent »

I'll be there along with my brothers from other mothers,Tanagawa-san and Sam.
chukkar

Post by chukkar »

If anyone is looking for relief from room prices while in Monterey, We have a 650 sq ft 1 bedroom furnished apt/Granny unit in Pacific Grove we can offer up 190.00 per night. It's located about 2 blocks from the Pebble Beach gates via Country club gate. Apt comes furnished with towels, sheets, cooking supplies, etc. Most importantly the unit is well appointed and clean. 3-4 night minimum stay.

This site is the only site I'm offering the unit. if anyone is interested feel free to email me. Pictures available.

Thanks,
Michael
62 250GTE # 3637gt