Which wire is which???

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

h00kem

Which wire is which???

Post by h00kem »

I am in process of restoring my 330. Having pulled the dash I took the opportunity to fix, replace, rewire and do anything I thought was needed to deal with the aging wires behind the dash. As I cut wires to remove the dash I carefully labeled both sides so that I could correctly reconnect later. It was obvious that I was not the first owner to do some wiring in the car. In any event, after having accounted for all marked wires on firewall to the matching wires on the back of the dash panel I find that I have two unidentified wires on the firewall for which there is no apparent mate on the dash. As noted in the picture below both "unidentified" wires are located in a pair of three wires that come out of the larger wire bundle that is at the lower left area behind the glove box (right side of the car). They are in the center of the picture. In the picture I have covered the larger wire bundle with a plastic wire loom material for protection. Of the two unidentified wires one is green and one is white (looks light yellow in the pics) - the third in the group is green and is the power wire or the glove box light. Both wires are marked by me as "C12" if you can see that level of detail in the pictures. The only clue I have is that the original rear defroster was removed from my car by a former owner. The defroster switch on the dash has no wires connected to it. Could these be related? Anyone know what color(s) the original defroster switch wires were?

I cannot figure out what these wires are for. The wiring diagram or the car doesn't give me a clue. Anyone want to venture and educated guess???
Attachments
Note two green and one white (looks light yellow) wires in the center of the pic branching off the larger wire loom.  The two unidentified wires are the green one at the far right of the three and the white one a the far left of the three.  What do they go to ???
Note two green and one white (looks light yellow) wires in the center of the pic branching off the larger wire loom. The two unidentified wires are the green one at the far right of the three and the white one a the far left of the three. What do they go to ???
DSC03616.JPG (228.9 KiB) Viewed 3227 times
1966 330 GT 2+2 Interim series I, 1986 328 GTB, 2005 575M, 1979 308 GTS
250GT

Re: Which wire is which???

Post by 250GT »

Look at Kerry site: the electric sytem overview.

" A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five"
Groucho Marx.

Cornelis
330GT

Re: Which wire is which???

Post by 330GT »

h00kem wrote:... The defroster switch on the dash has no wires connected to it. Could these be related? Anyone know what color(s) the original defroster switch wires were?

I cannot figure out what these wires are for. The wiring diagram or the car doesn't give me a clue. Anyone want to venture and educated guess???
The hot side of the defroster switch was brown, wired in series with the 2 fan switches (Dr & Dl). The switched side had 2 wires, a brown going to the indicator light and a gray going to the defroster unit. Where do the other ends of your mystery wires go? Knowing that might give some clues.

If you want a 'real' wiring diagram, contact me. I have 2'x3' color diagrams with all of the correct wire colors.
Regards, Kerry
http://www.330gt.com 330 GT Registry
http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari 250 PF Coupe 1643GT, 330 GT 2+2 8755GT, 308 GTS 23605