Cavallino 2010

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

mdempsey

Re: Cavallino 2010

Post by mdempsey »

BT will, or can, the detail guys be around?
BT

Post by BT »

Mark, the detail guys should be around. To be sure I would give Todd a call. His number is 407-963-1444 or other contact info is here:
http://www.belladetailing.com/contact.html
If Todd doesn't work out, and you are afraid of Tom's steel wool, I have a 4" angle grinder that we can put some microfibers on, and use some of that sweet smelling Zymol cleaner wax. I think they used Jimmy Buffet to help with the formulation... Todd has asked about doing some cars already, but I don't want to be in the middle of it. The garage is available for him to use, and I'll provide plenty of beverages.
:P
BT
1967 Ginetta G20
mdempsey

Post by mdempsey »

TS

Times are not that tough.

Mark

PS get my PM on the bags?

If you are going to be at Cav I can bring what she has done. If PIA I can ship them.
mdempsey

Post by mdempsey »

PIA = Pain in a--
365gtc/4

Post by 365gtc/4 »

I might be visiting the US to ski next year and I might be able to include Cavallino as well. I wouln't mind doing a road trip. So does anyone want a co-driver/passenger for the drive down from NY to Florida?? I may not drive back but fly to San Fran from Miami, although I could be persuaded to drive the return as well. I do have time. Please let me know.
John
John
Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Just a head's up, John... The skiing in Palm Beach sucks.
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
TOMKIZER

Post by TOMKIZER »

Thanks, BT.
I'll probably take you up on the invitation to detail my Queen at your place. Since I'll be driving it down, at least most of the way, it will definitely need it. I'll arrange the detailing from here before I come. Which day or days are typically reserved for detailing in your garage?

Mark,
I really think you are missing an opportunity when you reject the TS detail offer. I think your car would look stunning with the Spirit of St. Louis "engine turning" finish. A little wipe-down with WD40 and you wouldn't even have to worry about rust (at least for a few minutes and not at all on the hood and trunk lid).

All,
It's looking like a week with lots of timing conflicts. Many things are happening at the same time. I think I'm going to need a "what's happening and when" list from which to choose.

Tom Kizer
So many sidewalk cafés - so little time left.
1969 365 GT 2+2 S/N 12293 (Gone but not forgotten)
1967 230 SL 4-spd (Currently on CPR)
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Ok guys, its time to get my act together for Cavallino (if not too late). Sounds like getting there Wednesday and leaving Sunday is the plan. As far as I know the schedule is as follows:

Thursday: Vintage Tour
Thursday: Vintage Races
Friday: Vintage Races
Friday: Tom Yang BBQ
Saturday: Cavallino Classic
Sunday: Mar A Largo Event
I started one. Anybody have any additions?
365gtc/4

Post by 365gtc/4 »

Tom Wilson wrote:Just a head's up, John... The skiing in Palm Beach sucks.
Tom
I might be going water skiing !! But no I will be in Colorado. I might be passing through LA though so we can catch up for dinner again. I will email you my schedule when I finalise it. Is you car finished yet ??
John
John
Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Is you car finished yet ??
Believe me, if it was finished, I would make sure everybody knew! :)
BT

Post by BT »

Tom K. - Any day / time you want to coordinate with the detailers to use my garage you are welcomed to. Generally people arrive starting Wednesday evening, and depart Sunday sometime. It doesn't matter to me when people use my space to work on their cars, I offer it as a convenience for out of towners. There is a 4 post lift that is not so useful for working on cars, but it allows good access to the center of the car if something needs adjustment.
BT
1967 Ginetta G20
TOMKIZER

Post by TOMKIZER »

BT wrote:Tom K. - Any day / time you want to coordinate with the detailers to use my garage you are welcomed to. Generally people arrive starting Wednesday evening, and depart Sunday sometime. It doesn't matter to me when people use my space to work on their cars, I offer it as a convenience for out of towners. There is a 4 post lift that is not so useful for working on cars, but it allows good access to the center of the car if something needs adjustment.
BT
Bill,
Speaking of 4-post lifts and garages, Tom's photos of your garage during Cavallino 2009 were an inspiration to me. I just finished (except a little painting) my garage. Here's a photo taken today.
Tom Kizer
Attachments
garage.JPG
garage.JPG (183.43 KiB) Viewed 10129 times
So many sidewalk cafés - so little time left.
1969 365 GT 2+2 S/N 12293 (Gone but not forgotten)
1967 230 SL 4-spd (Currently on CPR)
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Wow, very nice! Maybe the Fall 2010 T Yang BBQ should be held at your house!

I would offer, but my garage is more oriented towards two man parties...
Garage.JPG
Garage.JPG (62.2 KiB) Viewed 10122 times
BT

Post by BT »

I just returned from the Maranello Madness trackday at PBIR. Only one vintage Ferrari there (a red 250 GTE). Last night on the way to a little car gathering I had a breakdown. It turned out to be OOF (Out of Fuel)... Sometimes I amaze myself with stupidity...

Nice garage Tom! I looked over the race deck web pages until I found an example of the floor pattern that I liked, then I spent about 20 hours goofing around with the various patterns until I came up with a good one that used just short of a multiple of 40 of each color tile. Having the parking spaces outlined is a classy and clean look to me. Thanks for the compliments, I'm looking forward to January.

BT
1967 Ginetta G20
mdempsey

Post by mdempsey »

Tom K:

Is your queen always up on the lift??? :)