Is this the best & most useful Ferrrai ever?

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

klv

Is this the best & most useful Ferrrai ever?

Post by klv »

4 people and their luggage transported to Goodwood for 4 nights for the Revival meeting! It was a bit cramped inside and got to fix the radiator fans that touch against some framework at speed (they seem to move on their mounts too much after the 'front rebuild/repaint). More photos to follow in due course of the 5 GTOs, 4 SWBs, 330 LMB 3 x 250LM and much more!

From the left, Mike Sharpe (Aus visitor), Kelly La Velle, Don Stevens & Andrew Stevens!
Attachments
L1050845Resize.jpg
L1050845Resize.jpg (71.73 KiB) Viewed 4856 times
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens
TOMKIZER

Re: Is this the best & most useful Ferrrai ever?

Post by TOMKIZER »

Andrew and Kelly,

In my opinion, YES! That's a nice photo.

Mark Dempsey took a similar photo after his return trip from Toronto, Ontario, Canada to Maryland in 2008. I posted it for him near the end of the old FCA2008 thread. His 14 year old daughter apparently took with her everything she owns. There's an incredible amount of luggage space in the Queens, and the load levelers make it look like it's empty. Only the rear seat leg room is slightly deficient for adults.

Tom Kizer
So many sidewalk cafés - so little time left.
1969 365 GT 2+2 S/N 12293 (Gone but not forgotten)
1967 230 SL 4-spd (Currently on CPR)
klv

Post by klv »

And the photo didn't include the tool bag, extra small tool kit, oil & coolant containers and the car cleaning gear as well! It's hard to beat these 2+2s :D although I do admit to being rather partial to a 250SWB...

Fans fixed after some extended grovelling on the ground. Motors conveniently have slotted mountings. Must do something about the obviously worn fan motor bearings sometime soon though!
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens
jcwconsult

Post by jcwconsult »

Karl Ludvigsen called it "The Magnificent GT" in his contemporary road test of the 365 GT 2+2 in Sports Car Graphic when the model was new. It is still true.
Jim Walker
365 GT 2+2 #12451
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Now that is traveling in style! At 6'3" I still don't think I would want to be the guy in the back, but I guess it can't be any tighter than the Mustang we had in Monterey...
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
mdempsey

Post by mdempsey »

Yes that brings back memories. It looks like what my then 14 yo took...... by herself. Funny, but the brown garment back actually looks like one of my bags!!

Mark