Help: Brakes Pulling to the Right - 365 GTB/4 Daytona

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Boxer42

Help: Brakes Pulling to the Right - 365 GTB/4 Daytona

Post by Boxer42 »

Brakes Pulling to the Right - 365 GTB/4 Daytona, we have tried many things to cure this problem including stripping and checking all calipers, skimmed front disc's, swapped wheels from side to side, stripped and checked brake proporting valves although we are not sure if these are 100% as when we first stripped them , one was found to have a different size spring in compared to the other one, we had a matched pair of what we suspect was the the correct spring manufactured, but we still feel that there is to much brake force going to the rear of the vehicle regardless of adjustment. is there any one who can overhaul and test them ? we have also checked corner weights which appear to be ok. we have checked the routing of all the brake pipes, nothing stands out as being incorrect. we have tested the brakes on a rolling road brake tester and there is about a 15 % imbalance on the front and a 10% imbalance on the rear both favouring the right hand side , what else can we possibly check as we are running out of idea's !!!
365 GTB/4 Daytona, F40
tyang

Re: Help: Brakes Pulling to the Right - 365 GTB/4 Daytona

Post by tyang »

I'm sure it was part of the things you've tired already, but what about the soft flex hoses on the front calipers?

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Boxer42

Post by Boxer42 »

Thanks. Will check them again :D
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

It is very common on Daytonas and Boxers to have the flex lines internally collapse. They will look perfect from the outside, but will be blocked internally. I have taken many of them apart and there was no way you could blow through the lines. I definitely would replace these (all 8 of them) for sure in any case, regardless of the situation.