Heater hose

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

zdr

Heater hose

Post by zdr »

Hi -

My Daytona seems to have original heater hose, which is cracking and probably need replacement. I've found two potential sources for replacement, so was looking for input. The first source is Newco, which is a bit more expensive but seems geared towards the restoration market. I've also been told that I can get air equipment hose in a dull, wrapped finish that is very close to the original and would work, too.

Thanks for any advice,
David
David Rice
'67 330GT 2+2 #9673
'71 365GTB/4 #14521
Timo

Re: Heater hose

Post by Timo »

I've just last week finished a such job and having had given the choice to the owner between readily available, closest in U.S. size / manufactured (1/2") and "O.E.M-type" replacement (which btw, even from "known" sources, isn't quite correct either, or at least has not been on the few Daytonas I've replaced original heater hoses for). And due to more than 1 to 10 price ratio my clients have usually opted to spend the difference somewhere more appropriate, unless the objective was to achieve "High point Platinum".
Timo
zdr

Re: Heater hose

Post by zdr »

Thanks - I'm leaning towards the less expensive option. Sounds like a reasonable way to go.
David
David Rice
'67 330GT 2+2 #9673
'71 365GTB/4 #14521