Engine compartment trim

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

giovanni44

Engine compartment trim

Post by giovanni44 »

To all,

Can anyone tell me if the engine compartment trim on late(just prior to 365 GTC series) 330 GTC has a textured finish or is it plain with no pattern? On the 365 GTB-Daytonas this trim had kind of a miniture tire tread pattern. So, my question is, were any of the later production 330 GTC`s produced with this type of trim?

Giovanni44
jroswell

Re: Engine compartment trim

Post by jroswell »

What do you mean by trim? "Trim" usually means parts that are fastened on. Or do you mean the black painted surfaces. I have a late 330 GT (#8715) and the painted surfaces are smooth.
giovanni44

Post by giovanni44 »

jroswell,
Upon opening the hood, there is a channel surrounding the engine compartment. The inside edge of that cannel is the seam formed by the seam of the inside and outside fender joint. That joint is covered by an inverted "U" shaped black plastic/rubber trim strip. My question is, should that strip have a textured finish or just a plain finish. I will try to attach some pictures to show you what I am refering to. Oops cant add the file ,too big

Giovanni44
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hello Giovanni,

To the best of my knowledge, Pininfarina built cars have a plastic u-shaped trim piece that is smooth in texture. It's very thin. I'll see if I can post a picture.

Unfortunately, the only thing that I've seen is available is a piece made in rubber.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053