New Owner - GTE #4533

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

silver1331

New Owner - GTE #4533

Post by silver1331 »

Hello all - I just wanted to let you guys know that I have recently bought 1963 Ferrari 250 GT/E #4533. As some of you know, I have been looking for a solid driver level GTE for almost 2 years and I finally found one I thought was good fit.

4533 is numbers matching and in driver/original condition cosmetically. The car has had alot of mechanical work done to it within the last few years with about $35k in recent receipts from a well known vintage Ferrari expert. The car passed PPI and I agreed to purchase the car for what I thought was a very fair price. In fact, the compression numbers came back so well that the Ferrari tech said he wished he had F355's with numbers like these!

The car is currently Black with a Red Interior (original interior) but at some point the exterior was red. I do not know if it was originally red or not. I also do not know the original owner of the car but from what I can piece together from various sources and paperwork S.C. bought the car in 1974 and sold it to M.W. in 1976. M.W. held the car for almost 30 years and sold it to the previous owner in 2004. The previous owner was M.W.'s neighbor and has known the car since the early 80s. I bought the car along with a spare set of Borrani wheels and 3 tires. I have all service records since 2004, which total about $35k and also the original title from 1976! The car does not have original manuals rather it has reproduction copies that look 30+ years old BUT it does have some tools, the spare, the hammer, the roll, merritt operating manual, prancing horse motors manual and the jack.

There is confusion as to 4533's history and there is a TR replica running around claiming to have the engine but the stamps are all very clearly 4533. It appears the TR replica may have the engine from 4535 and there was a typo along the way.

Just thought I would introduce myself to the community as I'm sure I'll have many questions over time. Thanks to everyone who helped in my search and I look forward to joining the community as an owner. Below are some pics of the car, it had been sitting for a little while so its a bit dusty/dirty I will post more pics once the car has had a good detailing!

P.S. - if anyone knows how I may find the original color and owner please let me know. Thanks

Abe
Attachments
pass side.jpg
pass side.jpg (93.46 KiB) Viewed 7042 times
drivers side1.jpg
drivers side1.jpg (44.36 KiB) Viewed 7043 times
abrent

Re: New Owner - GTE #4533

Post by abrent »

Congratulations, looks like a nice complete car.

I got the original color combinations by writing to Ferrari NA, who then asked the factory. Might still work. Now-a-days you can log onto the factory web site and submit the details of your car and at least get the color combinations but some others on this forum have gotten build sheets as well. Not sure what the status is of that program currently, but someone else might like to comment.

Regards,

Andrew.
william

Post by william »

Hello Abe,

car looks great! enjoy!
William
1979 Avanti s/n Rqb-3016
1962 GTE s/n 3447
1960 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider 1495*09775
330GT

Post by 330GT »

No build sheet anymore except if you have your car certified at the expense of thousands of dollars and pay an extra 500 or so for the build sheet.

Register your car with the Ferrari owners site (http://www.ferrari.com/English/Pages/Login.aspx) and after a few days, they will update the entry with the original colors. Although, they don't have the colors on my PF coupe entry. Perhaps that is because the Ferrari and Pininfarina records disagreed.

If you post your request in the vintage section of FerrariChat, Marcel Massini might respond with them from his records. However, he won't be back in Switzerland until September 1 as he's in the US for Monterey, etc.
Regards, Kerry
http://www.330gt.com 330 GT Registry
http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari 250 PF Coupe 1643GT, 330 GT 2+2 8755GT, 308 GTS 23605
silver1331

Post by silver1331 »

Thanks, I checked with Marcel before buying the car but he did not have the records. He said Pininfarina has them, has anyone been successful at getting records from them? Thanks.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Congratulations Abe!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
silver1331

Post by silver1331 »

330GT wrote:No build sheet anymore except if you have your car certified at the expense of thousands of dollars and pay an extra 500 or so for the build sheet.

Register your car with the Ferrari owners site (http://www.ferrari.com/English/Pages/Login.aspx) and after a few days, they will update the entry with the original colors. Although, they don't have the colors on my PF coupe entry. Perhaps that is because the Ferrari and Pininfarina records disagreed.

If you post your request in the vintage section of FerrariChat, Marcel Massini might respond with them from his records. However, he won't be back in Switzerland until September 1 as he's in the US for Monterey, etc.
For anyone interested, this site still works. Ferrari recently updated my page and it shows that 4533 was originally Grigio Fumo with a Pelle Rossa interior. Thanks guys!