nead lead for carpeting

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Al Pezzella

nead lead for carpeting

Post by Al Pezzella »

Hey guys, I need your help again. As I am ready for carpet, I thought it was going to be easy, the square weave for the trunk area is on back ordered through Re-Original, the interior red carpet in a Wilton does not come in a bright red, more of a wine, if anyone has a lead, I would surely appreciated
giovanni44

Re: nead lead for carpeting

Post by giovanni44 »

Hello Al,
Have you tried Bill Hirsch or World Upholstery ? Typing in either of these names will get you their web site.

Giovanni 44
Al Pezzella

Post by Al Pezzella »

Thanks Giovanni, I live 20 minutes from Bill, he does not have the square weave but he has a red wilton coming in at the end of the month, it's not a bright red but it's close.
tyang

Post by tyang »

I'm sure most of you know, but there are two types of "square weave" carpeting; German and Italian.

The German stuff is coarser with a looser weave compared to the stuff found in Ferraris. You find the German stuff in (obviously) BMWs and Porsches. When ordering, some suppliers will sell you "square weave" carpet assuming you want the German stuff. The black German Square weave also has white threads in it, so it's not as black as the original Italian stuff.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Al Pezzella

Post by Al Pezzella »

Yes, you are right Tom, the Italian weave is much smaller and it is solid black, I know it's made in Italy and I wish I knew where because I'm going to be there next week.
xs10shl

Post by xs10shl »

I've considered re-dying the German carpet to be the right color. Would probably look pretty decent.

Alternatively, there may have been a Japanese supplier of square weave at one point, as my Toyota 2000GT has a remarkably similar trunk carpet to the Ferraris.
Al Pezzella

Post by Al Pezzella »

Bill Hirsh just got in some wilton carpeting in red and black. I just picked up a few yards in red, it's not as bright as the original but its close and its a very nice tight pile.