Pictures from Goodwood

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

klv

Pictures from Goodwood

Post by klv »

Hello all

Travelled down to Goodwood Circuit today to check out one of the practice/testing days for the Goodwood Revival in about 10 day's time. Took a few photos, with some detailed shots of the 330 LMB if anyone is interested! Link is here:
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/bootie.bo ... racticeDay#

You can also see some from the Chelsea Auto Legends show last weekend which Kelly went to:
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/bootie.boot

For Tom Wilson's benefit I've included lots of Alfa photos there too! :lol:

This weekend coming is a UK FOC meeting at Prescott hillclimb. Hopefully the weather will be fine, unlike the last few days, and there will be lots of older Ferraris out! Will take more pics...

Andrew S.
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens
klv

Re: Pictures from Goodwood

Post by klv »

Oh - and good to see a Ferrari with the steering wheel on the correct side! :D
365gtc/4

Post by 365gtc/4 »

WOW WOW WOW Thanks Andrew. The photos from Chelsea were fantastic. A few OK cars there !!!!!!! Holy crap. Is that show on every year? I have not heard of it.
Thanks again for posting so many great photo albums. Us peasant paupers can at least live vicariously through them.
Chers
John
John
Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

klv wrote:For Tom Wilson's benefit I've included lots of Alfa photos there too! :lol:
Alfas???? I love Alfas!!!!! Or at least I now have a better appreciation of them after my 4 day immersion class in Alfas two years ago...

Goodwood is definitely on the bucket list. It looks like a great time and this is only the warm up! Keep the photos coming and the cars on the proper side of the road :D
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
klv

Post by klv »

The Chelsea Auto legends show was on for the first time this year. By all accounts it went off very well and raised plenty of money for the Chelsea Pensioners and is down (from memory) for the 4th of September 2011. Organise a trip over for a 2-3 weeks and you can take in that and the Goodwood revival, plus various other events along the way. Autumn is coming and there is a big rush of events before October arrives and the weather turns grim. I'm sure it's the same in some other northern climes now...
365gtc/4

Post by 365gtc/4 »

Andrew
You are making me jealous. There were some great cars there. OK you are on for a visit next year. Goodwood, Chelsea et al. We should arrange an en mass visit from Oz. I guess some septics could also join in. Keep those great photos coming. I for one really enjoy them and your descriptions are great. In particular your comments on the trips across Europe are most enjoyable. Great job. Thanks.
John
John
Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.
klv

Post by klv »

Hello again guys. A few photos from the UK Ferrari Owners Club picnic at Prescott Hillclimb on the weekend:
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/bootie.bo ... Picnic2010#

Bit of a preponderance of pics of the 365 sorry, but there wasn't many proper v12s there this time unfortunately. Anyway, we dodged the rain and had a nice day out.
There were mainly newer model stuff and it's noteable that the 550/575 type things are rather quiet from the outside, even at higher revs and that the new V8 things seem to just make noise rather than sound. I can't say I'm a big fan...

Anyway, hope you like them!

Cheers

Andrew S
mdempsey

Post by mdempsey »

Andrew, great pics but a few questions??

1. Does the sun ever shine there??

2. A 105 dB limit. Wow, does that mean that Spinal Tap could never play there since their amplifier goes to '11'??

Mark
klv

Post by klv »

Hi guys

Just uploaded a first batch of pics from the Revival meeting here:
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/bootie.bo ... parkSights#

these are just pictures from the special carpark area! Lots more to follow...
4 GTOs, 330 LMB, 4 SWBs and various other things racing over the weekend. Good news is that Sir Anthony Bamford's 1964 bodied GTO won the main TT Celebration race. That car won the race back in 1963 (I think) when driven by Graham Hill in '62 body style. The 'lightweight' E-Types were nowhere!

Cheers

Andrew & Kelly
klv

Post by klv »

To answer your queries Mark, we do get sunshine sometimes! It's becoming rarer at this time of the year though...

Goodwood has to run to strict noise limits, due to the fact that the Duke (who owns the place) sold off some housing not far away to local people back in the 1960s and the people living there now complain about the noise... They are only allowed a certain number of 'noisy' days per year now and it's very tightly controlled, with sound meters that report automatically to the local Council etc etc. Typical that people buy a place near an airfield and circuit, then compain about the noise.
tyang

Post by tyang »

We lost Bridgehampton Race Circuit in Long Island NY because the locals didn't like the noise. I wonder how they'll feel when the ground water gets contaminated with all the fertilizer from the golf course that replaced it!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
klv

Post by klv »

Note that the 2 SWBs in the carpark are proper cars - I've updated the captions with the chassis numbers for those interested...
klv

Post by klv »

Got some 'atmosphere' pictures loaded up now:
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/bootie.bo ... eralSights#

Watch this space for more in due course!

Andrew
klv

Post by klv »

Hi all

Finally got all our Goodwood photos loaded up. There are a few 'detail' shots of F cars in the Sports Racing cars and GT cars section, plus a couple of short videos. Have a look at your leisure...

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/bootie.boot

Cheers

Andrew