330 GTC emergency triangle

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

todaxyz

330 GTC emergency triangle

Post by todaxyz »

The tool kit for my GTC is missing the emergency triangle in the plastic case. I've since come to find out that there are different colored cases in the market. Does anyone know or have an original triangle with their car and can tell me the proper color case to pursue? I've seen blue, red, yellow and green out on the market. Any help would be appreciated.

Tom
DWR46

Re: 330 GTC emergency triangle

Post by DWR46 »

Be absolutely sure you need this item. To my knowledge, GTC's did not come with Triangles. As I recall, there is no Triangle pictured in the parts book, nor have I ever seen an original car with a Triangle. GTC's were built before the Triangle era.
todaxyz

Post by todaxyz »

My GTC has a 2 bag tool kit often times associated with the pictures shown for a 365 GT 2+2. I have heard that tool bags for the GTC were either a single bag as pictured in the owners manual or a 2 bag kit that looks like the 365 GT 2+2. I assume it would have had the triangle but you do bring up an interesting point. Perhaps the GTC 2 bag kit didn't have the triangle? Any other GTC owners have insight to this?

Thanks, Tom
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

We purchased our GTC in 1974. It was a "two bag" car, with no Triangle. The original idea for the "two bag" toolkits was for the 275 GTB/S cars and their "pockets on either side of the fuel tank in the trunk. The large single bag would not fit and tended to roll around on top of the fuel tank and potentially damage the inside of the trunk or the bodywork when the car was driven. Later when the factory switched to the twin tanks, with the spare between them, there was no need for the two bags, and single bag toolkits reappeared.
LARRY

Post by LARRY »

If yours is the black GTC that I saw at Stanford this year I live near you and can show you the triangle kit that came with my car in 1978. Our cars are within ten or fifteen serial numbers of each other and should have gotten similar accessories.
todaxyz

Post by todaxyz »

Larry,
Yes, that's me. I still have your card so will give you a call to arrange a visit. Thanks.

Tom