250 Ellena

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

wspeer

250 Ellena

Post by wspeer »

I am a longtime guy that has been around so long, it is scary.... I first came across this site when looking to buy a Dino in the very early 2000's. Frankly, I was one of the ebay bidders on a set of early 250/330 doc's that Tom ended up outbidding me on (sorry Tom, I later did a happy dance that I wasn't outbid on another similar set - go figure). I have bought many things since, but I am honestly glad those doc's went to Tom given the history that has transpired.....

I have been a lurker for MANY YEARS since..... In fact, I was introduced to F-Chat from this site all those years ago...

I AM and will always be a Dino guy, the first car I saw and fell in love with in High School..... My searching for Dino stuff lead me to F-Chat..

Now, I have bought a car from a well known Ferrari Guy - both on F-Chat and here, but you know who you are (and others wouldn't take long to guess), and I am in the dark as to what is what....and where to find simple stuff is not as easy as I thought.......

I am more than happy with my hodge/podge car, it isn't going to be a concours car anytime soon, but I would at least try to do as best as I can to make simple stuff right....

Any info that could lead me to a person/cross-reference for basic parts ( of a 250 Ellena) would be most appreciated. Mainly, it is interior junk I need, but I won't shy away from ANYTHING....

Thanks,

Shawn
tyang

Re: 250 Ellena

Post by tyang »

Hi Shawn,

Congratulations on your recent purchase! We would be happy to help. Upload some pictures!

One piece of advice, don't take what some vendors claim to be "the right stuff" to be true, especially when it comes to weather stripping. Vendors are not in the business of restoration, but in the business of selling parts. Selling you their inventory to you is more important than researching what is right. That responsibility is yours. Check with owners, and look at pictures of original cars to confirm what's right. Even restored cars have mistakes that are perpetuated by people copying the details onto other cars. There is no ONE way, but we can help get you close.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
william

Re: 250 Ellena

Post by william »

Hi shawn,

I sent you a PM.
William
1979 Avanti s/n Rqb-3016
1962 GTE s/n 3447
1960 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider 1495*09775