Cavallino 2011

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

365gtc/4

Cavallino 2011

Post by 365gtc/4 »

So who is planning on going? I am from Australia and am thinking about doing a USA trip to go to the Cavallino next year. Tentative plan is:
Fly to NYC mid Jan and stay there for a few days as a tourist.
Get a lift with someone in an old banger down to Cavallino. Tom K, Tom Y, Michael B, Sam, etc Bryan P get yourself a car !!! Anyone from up the north east coast.
Drive back to NYC after the Cavallino.
After a few days in NYC fly out to San Fran and start a ski trip to Nevada and Colorado.
John
John
Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.
TOMKIZER

Re: Cavallino 2011

Post by TOMKIZER »

Given that it's already near the end of November, discussions about Cavallino seem to be late this year. Even your post didn't do much to stimulate discussion of the subject. I guess I'll be the first to respond. I'm not planning to go to Cavallino this year. Cavallino XIX in January 2010 was an extreme effort for someone like me. It took me about three months of planning and hard work to take the trip, half on an open trailer in snow storms, the other half driving on the freeway from Maryland to Palm Beach. It also took me and the car several months to recover from the trip. Since retiring in 2001, I'm not accustomed to working so hard and so long just for the joy of taking a 41 year-old car to Florida from Quebec, Canada in the wintertime.

I'm considering going to FCA2011 in Savannah in June, but if I do, I'll either fly (also no longer fun) or drive my family car - smoother, quieter, AC works better, and not so painful if it breaks down on the road.

If you come to the U.S. for Cavallino, have fun, and if you see someone you know named Jack at an airport in the U.S, don't yell out, "Hi, Jack". With the tensions running as high as they are, you might get shot.

Tom Kizer
So many sidewalk cafés - so little time left.
1969 365 GT 2+2 S/N 12293 (Gone but not forgotten)
1967 230 SL 4-spd (Currently on CPR)
tyang

Post by tyang »

365gtc/4 wrote:So who is planning on going? I am from Australia and am thinking about doing a USA trip to go to the Cavallino next year. Tentative plan is:
Fly to NYC mid Jan and stay there for a few days as a tourist.
Get a lift with someone in an old banger down to Cavallino. Tom K, Tom Y, Michael B, Sam, etc Bryan P get yourself a car !!! Anyone from up the north east coast.
Drive back to NYC after the Cavallino.
After a few days in NYC fly out to San Fran and start a ski trip to Nevada and Colorado.
John
Hi John,

I will probably be going, but I may fly, unless something comes up...

Let's see who else is going and we'll see if we can hatch a plan.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
sam231

Post by sam231 »

I'll be there Thursday evening until Sunday staying with daughter in Delray Beach. Planning to spend Friday @ PBIR. May go to the Yacht Hop, and definitely Saturday @ Concours. Sorry Tom, cannot drive because the car broke down similar to last year - engine fine, no power to the wheels. I have not heard the diagnosis but it could be the coupling I had made failed. :cry:
'72 365 GTC/4 # 14953; ex-owner 330 GT 2+2 # 8025 :>(
deichenb

Post by deichenb »

I'll be there with the BBi this year. I look forward to catching up you, Sam. Tom, I'm glad you'll be making it down. I am taking the Boxer out with the GT group at PBIR; I am probably going to skip the Yachts and Jet Party this year, but I'll be at the lectures, on the lawn, and eating at the awards dinner.

With Tom's help, I will have the PF Coupe at Savannah in June.

Forza,
David
zac

Post by zac »

I will be out there , in theory with a freshly restored 206 Dino.Still not sure how I am going to turn this pile of parts into a car in 6 weeks but where there is a will there is a way.

Some west coast friends and I were thinking of staying down in South Beach for a few days and just coming up for the events. Not sure where the plan stands at the moment though.

Zac
1970 365 gt 2+2 13137, 1997 550 Maranello, 1969 Lamborghini Miura S, 1973 365 GTB/4 Daytona
365gtc/4

Post by 365gtc/4 »

So who is going? Party in South Beach? Is Ricky Booby rumoured to be going to Cavallino and partying in South Beach? It looks like I will be taging along with Mr Zac. We will both pack our Hawiian party shirts.
John
John
Admiral Goodwrench

Post by Admiral Goodwrench »

Sorry but I will miss you guys at Cavallino tis year. By the way after the FCA National Villa event I thought it was supposed to be Doctor Zac!

Best regards,

Robert
Robert
500 Mondial SII 0556(0446)/MD
365gtc/4

Post by 365gtc/4 »

Admiral Goodwrench wrote:By the way after the FCA National Villa event I thought it was supposed to be Doctor Zac!
Best regards,
Robert
Doctor Zac??? WTF Maybe Doctor Zac the QUACK, I could believe that !!!

Here are 2 shirts. One for the South Beach parties and the other for the Ferrari events. Can you guess which is which???
Pur Sang Me.jpg
Pur Sang Me.jpg (65.47 KiB) Viewed 10744 times
Tamworth 019.jpg
Tamworth 019.jpg (87.87 KiB) Viewed 10745 times
Hope to see a few of you guys there. It should be FUN.

John
John
365gtc/4

Post by 365gtc/4 »

I don't know why the same photo above was uploaded twice. Maybe Tom Y thought that it was such a great Ferrari event shirt that he decided to post it up twice !!
John
tyang

Post by tyang »

Well at least you'll be easy to spot!
You can hang out with this girl!

I'm still on the fence about going. I'll have to make some calls and decide!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
330GT

Post by 330GT »

365gtc/4 wrote:I don't know why the same photo above was uploaded twice. Maybe Tom Y thought that it was such a great Ferrari event shirt that he decided to post it up twice !!
Fixed.
Regards, Kerry
http://www.330gt.com 330 GT Registry
http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari 250 PF Coupe 1643GT, 330 GT 2+2 8755GT, 308 GTS 23605
Bryan P

Post by Bryan P »

John actually relieved this lass of that dress to make his shirt . . . . the magic of the aussie accent in south Florida . . .

Also heard an ugly rumor that there will be a historic race at Cavallino/Moroso this year (good), but, being sanctioned by FNA, entries will only be accepted for cars either already Classiched, or beginning the Classiche process that weekend (bad, IMO).
1968 365 GT 2+2
s/n 11199
1955 s.II 500 Mondial
s/n 0556(0446)MD
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale
tyang

Post by tyang »

O.K., I'm in!!

I booked a flight, got a car, and am staying with Bill Tracy in Palm Beach Gardens. I'm flying in on Wednesday night, and will be leaving on Sunday night.

The two things I am committed to attending is the seminar on Thursday Morning and Cavallino on Saturday, other than that, I'm open. I 'd love to get some good Cuban food one night, but other than that...

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
365gtc/4

Post by 365gtc/4 »

tyang wrote:O.K., I'm in!!
I booked a flight, got a car, and am staying with Bill Tracy in Palm Beach Gardens. I'm flying in on Wednesday night, and will be leaving on Sunday night.
The two things I am committed to attending is the seminar on Thursday Morning and Cavallino on Saturday, other than that, I'm open. I 'd love to get some good Cuban food one night, but other than that...
Tom
That's great. I will be tagging along with Dr Zac. I assume you guys have each others phone numbers so we can meet up. Pack a good party shirt and Ferrari fancy dress shirt.
John