wiper motor for 365 gt 2+2

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Dan Sands

wiper motor for 365 gt 2+2

Post by Dan Sands »

The brushes on my wiper motor are shot. the odd one of the three has half of its end, the opposing ones are slanted from top to bottom, so only a small part is contacting the commutator. The wiper only runs on one speed the way it is now. It's not possible to just replace the brushes and I haven't inspected how hard it would be to replace the board they are on. So I either need the board, or a motor, or the whole assembly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dan Sands. Oh, i'ts a '69, vin 12629 and the wiper part number is 75638B by Lucas.
250GT

Re: wiper motor for 365 gt 2+2

Post by 250GT »

Dan Sands wrote:The brushes on my wiper motor are shot. the odd one of the three has half of its end, the opposing ones are slanted from top to bottom, so only a small part is contacting the commutator. The wiper only runs on one speed the way it is now. It's not possible to just replace the brushes and I haven't inspected how hard it would be to replace the board they are on. So I either need the board, or a motor, or the whole assembly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dan Sands. Oh, i'ts a '69, vin 12629 and the wiper part number is 75638B by Lucas.
Dan,
You can find these type of compleet units on Ebay very often at reaseanable prices,
You only must take out the plastic gear wheels under the alu top plate and put in the new one.
and easy job of 2 hours. inpostant the(5?) electric connections on the motor for the 2 speed version with return position.
best
C.
for instance:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-ORI ... 557wt_1167