Dying Daytonaspider beauty?

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

klv

Re: Dying Daytonaspider beauty?

Post by klv »

Ethanol is another issue...not sure about the US, but in Europe they are starting to look at 10% ethanol in fuel. I gather that's not great for older rubber fuel lines, carb diaphragms, seals etc etc, not to mention the effect on the general ecosystem and food supply when you start directing production towards growing stuff for fuel...

What have people experienced with ethanol so far? Perhaps this should be in a thread of it's own?
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens
kare

Post by kare »

In Finland 95E5 was introduced in 2008. We now have 95E10 and 98E5 since new year. The common propaganda is being geared up as sales of 95E has gone down 30% since new year and the statements of the politicians are getting pretty funny as there are hardly any engineers involved. We are being told that ethanol-mixture has been sold in US for decades without any problems and that people are imagining when the fuel consumption goes up, cars run badly or refuse to start in the cold.
250GT

Post by 250GT »

kare wrote:In Finland 95E5 was introduced in 2008. We now have 95E10 and 98E5 since new year. The common propaganda is being geared up as sales of 95E has gone down 30% since new year and the statements of the politicians are getting pretty funny as there are hardly any engineers involved. We are being told that ethanol-mixture has been sold in US for decades without any problems and that people are imagining when the fuel consumption goes up, cars run badly or refuse to start in the cold.

In Germany its since febr 2011 on the market
I think the german are more autominded than the finnlander.
there is a real boycot in 95E10 .
there are voices how will stop that product compleet.
There is a shortage of 98E5 now.
The german have fear it could destroy there most value part(car) , second place there wifes/GF.
Beside the negative side ;rubbers, rost ,alloy influence etc, the preformance of the engine will not be influenced negativ I think.
I drove a lot in north Africa with classiccars.
The octane level of 75 till 77 didnot give big problems either.
Picture of rif mountains 1998( region of Hash ) rallye.

C.

Attachments
Paris- Marrakesh trial
Paris- Marrakesh trial
IMG_3034.jpg (59.95 KiB) Viewed 4727 times
365gtc/4

Post by 365gtc/4 »

250GT wrote: I think the german are more autominded than the finnlander.
C.
WOW Thems are fighten words. Stay tuned for the outbreak of all out war between Germany and Finnland.
Kare would you like to respond? This might be interesting. Ha ha.
John
Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.
kare

Post by kare »

I don't know whose side to choose. I'm not a great fan of either Finnish or German culture. With regard to cars Finland is very much like Germany - Eastern Germany that is. Best wishes, Kare
250GT

Post by 250GT »

kare wrote:I don't know whose side to choose. I'm not a great fan of either Finnish or German culture. With regard to cars Finland is very much like Germany - Eastern Germany that is. Best wishes, Kare
I don`t need to choose either , I only live and work in Germany.
To compare DAF 33(NL) with Trabant(DDR) is not worse at all.
The Dutchinvention of the Variomatic(DAF) was however a little sensation.

Best

C.