Ferraris were meant to be...?

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tyang

Ferraris were meant to be...?

Post by tyang »

5053_77.jpg
5053_77.jpg (107.7 KiB) Viewed 4955 times
Hi Guys,

My normal commuter car was in the shop, so I had to drive my other cars down to Francois' shop. When the weather forecast predicted rain, I decided the Ferrari was a better choice than than my Sunbeam Alpine, so on went the rain-x, and away I went! I took this picture to prove that Ferraris can be driven in the rain.

She ran great, and not a drop of water came into the cabin. Even the wipers worked...when I intermittently used them. I figured I wouldn't tempt the Lucas fate!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
250GT

Re: Ferraris were meant to be...?

Post by 250GT »

tyang wrote:
5053_77.jpg
Hi Guys,

My normal commuter car was in the shop, so I had to drive my other cars down to Francois' shop. When the weather forecast predicted rain, I decided the Ferrari was a better choice than than my Sunbeam Alpine, so on went the rain-x, and away I went! I took this picture to prove that Ferraris can be driven in the rain.

She ran great, and not a drop of water came into the cabin. Even the wipers worked...when I intermittently used them. I figured I wouldn't tempt the Lucas fate!

Tom

Most of the people here can have heavy feelings of jealously.
after seeing this HUGH increased metabolic activity in the limbic areas of the brain.
Well after a year of total V12-abstinance this could be normal.

C.
tyang

Post by tyang »

HI Cornelis,

You'd be proud of the dirt and mud all over my car!

With the sound of the V-12 purring away all too loud for a radio, I'm left with my thoughts of how much I LOVE this car. She might be pushing 50 years old, but get out of the way, we're coming through!

During my 90 minute drive to work, I started thinking about why many Ferraris have so few miles. I'm proof that sometimes mechanical difficulties can cause long times of disuse, but when the opportunity arises to drive these cars, it really makes up the difference. Each passing mile becomes a special occasion, and if we drive more we might not appreciate every savored trip!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Koll

Post by Koll »

I just drove my "old car" to work today in the rain. The inspiration was Irv Gordon (of the 2.7 million mils 1966 Volvo P1800 fame). Did a little more research for him and not only does he drive the wheels off that thing, it is not a garage car. He parks it outside and drives it in the snow. All the time for 44 years.

I'm thinking if he can park that priceless car (priceless because of what it's done, not what it is) outside, I can clearly drive my car whenever I want to. Granted, few cars are as low-stressed as an old P1800, but still.
330GT

Post by 330GT »

For those who are new or don't look at my restoration site. Here's a story of a very rainy tour from 2003:
http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari/308/Stranded.htm
Regards, Kerry
http://www.330gt.com 330 GT Registry
http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari 250 PF Coupe 1643GT, 330 GT 2+2 8755GT, 308 GTS 23605
klv

Post by klv »

Drove my Alfa GTV 120 miles each way to Mallory Park Circuit on Sunday and got some rain (and slow traffic...) on the M1 motorway on the way back home - but just happy to be out in the car. Guy in a 599GTO came up alongside me and gave me a blip on the throttle in the traffic and a thumbs up...wish I could have told him that his car doesn't make a noise anything like a proper V12 :lol:
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens