Removing Daytona wheel nuts

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Steve Meltzer

Removing Daytona wheel nuts

Post by Steve Meltzer »

What do you guys do when the wheels need to come off an American car? (Not the three eared spinner, but the octagonal nut.) thanx s
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
tyang

Re: Removing Daytona wheel nuts

Post by tyang »

We have a big octagonal wrench at the shop that you put in place, and hit with a BFH.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
365gtc/4

Post by 365gtc/4 »

I have a removal tool which came with a car. It is an gloss black painted octagonal socket with a short handle of about 1 ft, so you need a VBFH. Why they didn't supply it with a 3 ft handle who knows. Reduce weight???
John
Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.
Timo

Post by Timo »

Steve Meltzer wrote:What do you guys do when the wheels need to come off an American car? (Not the three eared spinner, but the octagonal nut.) thanx s
Your car should've come with a "factory" designed specialty wrench, but it probably was "removed" from the cars toolkit one time or another. One of the easiest solution is to contact Tom S. or other suppliers and purchase one. Some suppliers may have alternative design "aftermarket" tools available. Most shops (incl. mine) probably make/have their own "custom"- designed / -made items, as there's always another car coming in you're not quite equipped for.
Timo
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

thanx guys. s
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."