Autoflux electric fuel pump help needed

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Matt F

Autoflux electric fuel pump help needed

Post by Matt F »

Hello, all.

I got about two blocks short of the Italian car display at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix when I suffered vapor lock.

The Autoflux wasn't on, the indicator light wasn't lit, and I could hear no ticking of the electric fuel pumps.

I checked the 15A fuse for the fuel pump, and it was blown. I jumped it, briefly, because that got hot quickly, and didn't solve the problem.

So I wonder if I don't have a bad connection, faulty ground, or some other electrical problem.

Where exactly is (are) the electric fuel pump(s), and can I easily trace a faulty connection? Or do I have bad pumps?

My parts catalog is at my mechanic's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Matt
1967 330 GT 2+2 #9453
tyang

Re: Autoflux electric fuel pump help needed

Post by tyang »

Hi Matt,

You're a brave man driving your car in such heat. I was thinking of going to Pittsburg, but wimped out because of the heat!

The electric pump is forward of the left rear between the drive shaft and the chassis rail. If you have the original fuel pump (it's black with ribs) there's a 8mm( I think) nut that secures the ring terminal that powers the pump. The whole pump is pretty well grounded, so I don't think that's the problem. If you're lucky the power connection worked itself loose and is shorting out when you turn on the pump.

Good luck!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053