its Done

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

mdempsey

Re: its Done

Post by mdempsey »

Kelly:

Is that the color in your bio picture? Looks nice. Do you have any others you can send me?

kptengcorp@aol.com if that is easier. Thanks
klv

Post by klv »

G'day Mark

Go back to the picture link Kelly gave you and click onto the 'base' directory (KLV & ADS Photos or something like that) and you'll be able to bore yourself silly with our photo album of events etc... Basically and electronic version of a slide night. Look for the folder entitled Giancarlo and you'll have plenty of pics to choose from.

Basically as Kelly mentioned, it came out a little lighter than we expected, but still looks fine. If we were fussy we would probably redo it in a slightly darker shade, but that's all down to the eye of the beholder I guess!

Glad to hear about the roadtrip too - one day we will ship one of the cars over there and do a similar drive I hope!

Andrew S.
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens
klv

Post by klv »

extra note - the Giancarlo album is at the bottom of the page for info. Goodwood Revival pics now all sorted for those interested too - good Ferrari content in there!
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens
mdempsey

Post by mdempsey »

Thanks Kelly. I'm sure I will pick and change my mind a few times. The interior is are Black so that pretty much includes most colors.
TOMKIZER

Post by TOMKIZER »

Mark,

Let me guess. The plan is for Zac to do a full blown restoration in three months (easy for him), truck the car to Palm Beach, you meet him there to pick up your Platinum prize, then drive back to Maryland in a convoy with Tom's 330 America and whoever else you can convince to participate.

If before you leave, you go to Mar-a-lago on Sunday, you can get yourself a silver plated best-in-class pizza platter as well. Life doesn't get any better than that. I would really love to be there to see you drink beer out of a platinum trophy.

By the way, light blue is better than dark grey to hide the cow patty residue and mud. I've assumed that even if the car is restored to 100 point level, your behavior patterns with use of the car will not change.

Please come up to spend some time when the weather is nice. I've reserved this parking space for you since the occupant in the photo no longer needs it.

Tom Kizer
Attachments
Mark's Parking Space.JPG
Mark's Parking Space.JPG (40.79 KiB) Viewed 6269 times
So many sidewalk cafés - so little time left.
1969 365 GT 2+2 S/N 12293 (Gone but not forgotten)
1967 230 SL 4-spd (Currently on CPR)
mdempsey

Post by mdempsey »

I assume when you say 'when the weather is nice' that means it has already snowed like 5'!!!!!
mdempsey

Post by mdempsey »

And yes I will continue to drive the car ........no joy in ownership with no driving. That would be like having a super model wife that never lets you touch her...................
TOMKIZER

Post by TOMKIZER »

No snow yet, but it's getting cold, the snow geese are gathering over my house by the thousands for their trip south, and all the fall colors are almost at their maximum. We will probably get snow within a week or two and once it starts, it probably won't stop.

I unplated the Mercedes today at the local license bureau. For those kind of cars, we unlicense them from Oct. 31 to May 1, even when they are not being restored over the winter. There's too much snow and salt to waste money on plates. Plates here are really expensive.

I'm proud of you for driving your car. Why restore it just to leave it for the next owner. I plan to use the Pagoda daily as my three-season car - two months each. The other six months are winter.

Will you document on this site what you are having Zac do? What is the big plan?

Tom Kizer
So many sidewalk cafés - so little time left.
1969 365 GT 2+2 S/N 12293 (Gone but not forgotten)
1967 230 SL 4-spd (Currently on CPR)