jmp85

ebay 1965 330 GT 2+2

Post by jmp85 »

jsa3

Post by jsa3 »

nice car
Adnaan

Post by Adnaan »

Fabulous condition. not that keen on the white though, but in that condition! Mama Mia!
Adnaan Rasool
London, England.

1991 Mondial t - Rosso/Cream
andy

Post by andy »

I really think the seller needs to post more pictures.

Seriously though, it does look nice even though I don't usually like white on Ferraris.

Tom Y., did you notice that the upper upholstery line on the rear seats doesn't meet up with the line on the wheel well cover?

Andy
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Just a quick Question - Are the rear bumper overriders correct?

Thanks,

Art S.
Yale

Post by Yale »

Ah yes this car has some strange anomilies, a Series 1 - hanging pedals and all - with a Series 2/Interum air cleaner and bumper over riders. The bumper over riders are from the later three piece bumpers which could just mean the the original one piece bumper was replaced at some point with an available three piece unit. Guess same goes for the air cleaner.

As white was the color of the one on the brochure 330GT, I kinda think it very cool. The history shows this car selling for over $100,000 at some points in it's life.
Yale
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Glad to hear your comments Yale. As my car (4247) was originally white, I plan to take it back to that color when I get that far. I still toy with Dark Blue with the Tan Interior, but I like the idea of making the car the way it was when it left the factory. The color has grown on me over time as well. Besides, as you mentioned, the factory liked the color enough to make the second prototype white with a red interior, just like mine. I believe this is the car used on the brocure.
Yale

Post by Yale »

4247, hmm, that's the last Series 2 250GTE. Four years ago there was no information about that car in Len Millers GTE Register. Do you know anything about the cars history? Best, Yale
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Actually I believe that 4093 was the last of the Series II cars. 4247 is definately a Series III. And yes, it was off the radar screen for quite some time. To the best of my knowledge, it was originally sold to Sue & Tyler Gregory through Hollywood Sports Cars. The Gregorys lived in Pasadena California and were partners with Otto Zipper in his race team. Sue Gregory sold it to Charles Metcalf in the early Eighties (then tried to buy it back, to no avail). Charles drove it daily until his death. It sat on blocks in his wifes back yard for over 10 years before I found it. I have been rebuilding bits and pieces of the car, mostly just stopping the deteriation. A true restoration will have to wait, as my oldest daughter seems to be more interested in going to college than getting a ride in Dad's Ferrari. Hopefully when that ends, I will be so used to writing checks that I will have no problem with an engine rebuild. By the way, it has been in the register for a couple of years now and you can see it in the owners gallery on this site.
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

6573 is for sale again. Now for 39,500 euros! It sold at the end of November for $31,050.

http://www.historicmotoring.com/occassi ... 30gt22.htm

I love inflation.

Art S.
vincent

INFLATION ?

Post by vincent »

this car is to sell at Poulain auction Paris now on 15 of february
price range : 40 000 /45 000 Euros !!!
Does anybody know a 250 gte or 330 Am to sell in America? with US prices
indeed!
A 250 GE SN2921 is to sell at the same auction coming from USA, 49700 miles?
Price range 40 000/50 000 Euros
Does anybody know this car?

http://www.auction.fr/fr/accueil/cindex ... %26lang%3D

best regard to all