wall art

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

steve lapp

wall art

Post by steve lapp »

Hi all:

Must admit, the images in the recent Octane magazine made me wince just a bit.

www.ferrari-project.de

This could cause some nightmares.

Cheers
Steve Lapp
Ontario Canada
2013 Nissan Leaf, 2002 Prius, 56 Healey 100-4, 74 BMW 2002, 330 GT 2+2 s/n 6241, 54 Dodge M152 (listed by decreasing fuel economy)
John Vardanian

Re: wall art

Post by John Vardanian »

Seeing the naked profile of the car makes me realize how attractive these cars really are. Too bad...

john
PF Coupe
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Sadly, both bodies were in good shape before they were removed to be replaced by replicas. Considering they no longer had a purpose, they have been converted into something quite beautiful.

Regards,

Art S.
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
peterp

Post by peterp »

It is beautiful. If it was just one car sitting around unused and they created it as a one-off personal piece, then I get it. From the text though, it sounds like they are going into production with these where you can sit down over a glass of wine to figure out what kind of car they can hack up for you. Is an assembly line that slicies up the few remaining bodies really the best way to honor Pininfarina? Is it really appropriate to compare their sales process to Enzo's? This looks like it is purely for monetary gain at the expense of history rather than an homage to it. I can't find a way to feel good about this.
This provokes the question why of all things originals of the precious series had to be used as the basis for these objects of art. Jürgen Ulmer’s answer is almost shockingly matter-of-fact as his hand follows the gentle curves: “Only the original possesses the aura of Pininfarina’s design, to whom this is an homage.”

Interested persons, who would like to know the prices of these unusual wall decorations, will be invited to a chat face-to-face. “We handle this just like Enzo Ferrari, when a unique model was ordered”, says Jürgen Ulmer in recognition of the great creator of the artwork’s basis: “The Commendatore used to utter these things over a glass of good red wine.”
Peter P
1966 330 2+2 series 2 #8169
klv

Post by klv »

What wanton destruction. The bodyshell of the 365GT looked perfectly OK until they started hacking it up! This destruction under the pompous guise of 'art' (honestly, what utter bollocks) cannot be justified. I really hoped that the rise in the value of our 2+2s would mean an end to the threat of the angle grinder. Let's say for a minute that the bodyshell and chassis of these cars will never be re-united so this is a thin justification for such destruction; I don't agree, but fine: surely a perfectly good bodyshell could be used to create repair sections for crash-damaged cars to ensure they have Pininfarina sections used for repair rather than wholly fabricated? Surely it would be better for a bodyshell to become a donor than the fatuousness of dangling on the wall of a cafe? Grrr. The infurating thing is that they could have used the bodyshells to make moulds that then could have made fibreglass 'slivers' to hang on walls and no proper car would have been harmed in the process. It's a disgrace.

(Apart from that, hope everyone had a lovely Christmas!)

Kelly
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens
TOMKIZER

Post by TOMKIZER »

YEAH! - What he said!

Happy New Year everyone.

Tom Kizer
Ex 365GT2+2 owner
So many sidewalk cafés - so little time left.
1969 365 GT 2+2 S/N 12293 (Gone but not forgotten)
1967 230 SL 4-spd (Currently on CPR)
JonBrent

Post by JonBrent »

This makes me sick to me stomach, and pretty damn angry too. I can't believe they had the unmitigated gall to take a picture in front of the Ferrari factory before they destroyed it too! Hateful. Truly unbelievable.