330 GTC seat bottom stolen

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

VintageCarSolutions

330 GTC seat bottom stolen

Post by VintageCarSolutions »

I gave the seats & door panels over to someone who restores & dyes leather. The vendor left the interior in his van over a weekend, & he had a break-in. Mostly they took his tools & equipment, but they also took the driver's seat bottom. It was a complete seat bottom, including the pan & the seat tracks.

If anyone has a lead on a suitable replacement, I would deeply appreciate it. I don't know what other cars this seat was used in. If I have to buy a complete seat, I'm OK with that. Also, I'm not concerned with the condition of the upholstery. At this point, I will have to have everything reupholstered to match anyway.

Michael Keith
Vintage Car Solutions
Houston, TX
tyang

Re: 330 GTC seat bottom stolen

Post by tyang »

Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear about the theft.

Unfortunately, the 330GTC seat is specific to only the GTC and GTS, and weren't installed in other cars.

The worst part is the seat bottom was probably thrown in the trash after the jerk who stole it couldn't figure out what to do with it. I hope Bad Karma gets this person back one day!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
VintageCarSolutions

Not what I wanted to hear, but very helpful. Thanks for the info. Being that it was a Pininfarina built car, I was hoping they'd used that seat in other models. Guess I may as well look for a unicorn while I'm at it. :x
VintageCarSolutions

I just had another thought. Is there another seat that is close enough to the GTC's that a good fabricator could modify it?
jgarman

Post by jgarman »

I recently bought some 330 GTC seat parts from Mostly British in New York state. You might want to give them a call.