330 GTC Rubber Trim

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

todaxyz

330 GTC Rubber Trim

Post by todaxyz »

Hi,
Below is a picture of a ribbed rubber trim that is attached to the edge of the lower body that starts at the rear wheel well and goes all the way around to the other wheel well. At each end is a metal clip that secures the ends in place. My car is missing this and wanted to know if anyone has a source for the trim and clips.

Thx, Tom
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (72.03 KiB) Viewed 5261 times
tyang

Re: 330 GTC Rubber Trim

Post by tyang »

todaxyz wrote:Hi,
Below is a picture of a ribbed rubber trim that is attached to the edge of the lower body that starts at the rear wheel well and goes all the way around to the other wheel well. At each end is a metal clip that secures the ends in place. My car is missing this and wanted to know if anyone has a source for the trim and clips.

Thx, Tom
Hi Tom,

The trim is available from the usual suspects, and I've fabricated the clip from a piece of stainless steel. Although a screw might be the original way to secure the trim on the ends, I've done it with a pop-rivet. I have not seen many original GTCs to confirm how this piece is secured.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
todaxyz

Post by todaxyz »

Tom,
I checked Mr Fiat and Rutlands and neither have anything on their website for this application. Any leads on who I should call and if it has a particular name? Not sure why the picture shows posted upside down...

Tom
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Tom,

I've ordered this stuff from Partsource, but I don't know if it was exactly like your picture.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
5speed

Post by 5speed »

I know of a source for this rubber trim that is an exact reproduction of the original rubber trim. Send email to greenback.37742@gmail.com to get the details.
Clete