Monterey

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tim

Monterey

Post by tim »

Greetings... Back from Monterey where we had a great time. We had 2 cars at Concorso, the big yellow taxi (not for judging as anyone who saw it could tell) and my friend Steve Murphys 275 GTB. Steve was awarded with a gold after having his trunk latch break Friday morning and a non functioning horn (parts didn't arrive in time).
It was nice meeting up with some of you at Tom's gathering at the Quail. TCA (the charming Alice always seems to get in the picture and sure enough, there she is chating with the equally charming Sue Vardanian in the bottom picture.
The BIg Yellow Taxi ran well the entire weekend with one exception. Temps inside were somewhat toasty and TCA doesn't do heat well. Driving up the San Joaqin and Sacramento Valleys in summer time can be a challenge. Ambient was about 105f. The car ran at about 205f, only slightly warmer than the interior. I've used double ply chrome plated bubble wrap in the Morgans with success. Anyone have any suggestions on insulation products they'e used. How much a difference is there with the heat shields on the mufflers- I have none.
All in all, a great time with lots of friends, lots of good food, and lots of great cars.
Tim
1964 330GT 5769 -the big yellow taxi 61&66 Morgan +4's Daimler SP250 Turner 950S and some other dull stuff plus a brand Mercedes C300 4matic
Yale

Re: Monterey

Post by Yale »

"How much a difference is there with the heat shields on the mufflers"

Quite a bit in my experience but given as I was often in traffic I was keenly aware of anything I could do not to end up a like a wet sponge at the end of a drive.
Ex - 1964 330GT #6097
1963 Abarth Monomille
1970 Porsche 911S
1974 BMW 2002turbo
Steve Meltzer

Re: Monterey

Post by Steve Meltzer »

I used some insulation on the underside of the heatshields on my GTC. Worked pretty well and not too bad to work with. From DEI: Design engineering all kinds of insulation and wraps designengineering.com

NB: I deny that my recommendation of their products is in any way influenced by the $500 they kickback to me for every sale I make. s
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."