Need 250GTE front end

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tyang

Post by tyang »

For $1500 dollars, I would expect at least some of the trim pieces included. You may be the only person right now needing one of these front ends, so you may want to check a few more sources before committing. Isn't there a person FL that is making 250 Cab conversions from GTE chassis? I wonder what they are doing with the bodies?

Tom
jsa330

Post by jsa330 »

Let me get this clear.

You bought a car at auction without seeing it, and you then saw unconfirmed reports
that it could have front end body damage, extent unknown. Your car is now enroute and you are chasing after a whole replacement front sheetmetal assembly and making plans to have it installed without ever having seen your car and evaluating the "damage" and what else it might need in other areas. That doesn't make much sense, unless you want to keep the new front end for future accidents.

Wait till you get it and then decide.
330 America

Post by 330 America »

Bluecat - I'm simply trying to "line up" the piece parts but I'm not going to purchase anything until I receive the car and have my Ferrari body shop check it out.

My thinking in potentially purchasing the sheet metal was to secure it while available, as I assume that this is not exactly a NAPA item that is indefinitely available.

I intend to drive the car during 2004 and enjoy it without tearing into it. However, if I keep the car I'll always be bothered by the fact that the front end may not be correct -- particularly at Ferrari Club events, etc.

And yes, I bought the car without seeing it. I've purchased two Porsches from Germany in 2002 from a very reliable source and they were near perfect. I could have paid the expenses for my German colleague to travel to Gstaad to inspect the car, but declined as the car is still in very good condition.

Thanks for taking time to respond.

Tom - I'll talk to you offline about seat belts (front & rear) as I'll need those in February. I'll also touch base with you regarding other possible sheet metal sources -- that's why I posted the $1,500 info online to find out if you guys think a better deal is out there.
Steve Patti
Ferrari 330 Americ (5061) - SOLD
1988 Porsche 944 Rothmans Turbo Cup (ex-Bill Adam)
1988 Porsche 944 Rothmans Turbo Cup (7UP guest car)