Tools for the toolkit

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Edward 96GTS

Re: Tools for the toolkit

Post by Edward 96GTS »

bump, will also trade beta auto no.55 wrench for other tool kit pieces, ie oil filter wrench, etc
i could also trade it for beta no.55 wrenches
Edward 96GTS

Post by Edward 96GTS »

also have original 275 blue scissor jack to trade.
paul33

Post by paul33 »

Hello,
I follow up this forum since I am looking for a reproduction tool kit bag (will find the tools later) for my 330 GTC.
Since an early model it a one single bag fothis precise car (see PFA as built manual).
Could anyone indicate me a good supplier (USA or Europe, since I am based in France) for this reproduction bag.
I mean , compared to original, cope with design, dimensions, materials (vinyl and leather straps),colour, hardware.
i have the same question for the pouch of owner's manual: best supplier?
Thanks for your contribution,
Best,
jean-Paul
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

I believe this guy is the great guru of Ferrari tool bags. I've never entered a concourse competition, so I'm no judge nor expert on these bags. However, the bag he sent looked terrific. However, I'm not sure about its accuracy for the above stated reasons. I've never really cared about this stuff, but I thought it might be good when it's time to relinquish my stewardship. Thanks Steve (it's probably been 8 to 10 years since I bought the bag.)

Richard Ward Ferrari Tool Bag
my62helms@yahoo.com
818-996-0886

steve
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
tim

Post by tim »

Greetings... I have a bag from Richard as well and it is very good. An alledged "expert" questioned some details like stitch count but these bags were supplied by out side vendors and would vary in minor details. Highly recommended.

Tim
1964 330GT 5769 -the big yellow taxi 61&66 Morgan +4's Daimler SP250 Turner 950S and some other dull stuff plus a brand Mercedes C300 4matic
chris

Post by chris »

Hi All,

would you have pictures available from the bag from Richard? Would be a great help!

Thanks a lot
Christopher
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

It is the nitpickers who care about things like stitch counts that turn me off to concerns about tools and bags. I think you would be best to have Richard send you pictures of his work, so you'll know what it is currently being offered. Also, I see that I'm a "yahoo" for having misspelled Yahoo in his email address. Steve
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
Jimmyr

Post by Jimmyr »

Lyle Tanner offered a good selection of repo tools & bags etc., but I do not know if his company is still around.
peterp

Post by peterp »

Tom Shaughnessy used to sell quality tool bags. I had email dialog with him recently, so he's still around, but have no idea if he's still selling them.
Peter P
1966 330 2+2 series 2 #8169
paul33

Post by paul33 »

Steve, Tim,
thanks a lot for your feedback, very helpful. I contacted the suppliers you indicated and wait for their answer.
Regards,
Jean-Paul
Fasthound330

Post by Fasthound330 »

Tom Shaughnessy is definitely still around. Just bought 330GTC clock knob from him. No one else had any, even the folks who rebuild the clockS. Tom to the rescue.

Try him at gt40mirage@aol.com
1967 330 GTC s/n 9911
paul33

Post by paul33 »

thanks Fasthound for the email address,
I just wrote him for this 330 GTC tool bag.
Let's see his answer..
Best regards,
Jean-paul
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Might query him about Lyle Tanner. Steve
steve meltzer,