Need Seat Belts for 250/330

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

330 America

Need Seat Belts for 250/330

Post by 330 America »

Need to know if anyone has got any Ferrari seat belts (lap belts) from any later 60's/70's model car that would mount in my 330 America.

Thanks in advance,
Steve (Dallas, TX)
+ 214 693 3276
Steve Patti
Ferrari 330 Americ (5061) - SOLD
1988 Porsche 944 Rothmans Turbo Cup (ex-Bill Adam)
1988 Porsche 944 Rothmans Turbo Cup (7UP guest car)
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Steve,

I love your car (I remember when it was for sale with Paul Baber in the UK a couple of years ago).

If you look at Tom's earlier entries, he discusses seat belt installation at length.

Good luck with your new car!

Art S.
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

Here is Tom's discussion on mounting points:
http://www.tomyang.net/cars/ferrari.htm ... ari133.htm

I like the period look of these chrome latch lap belts:
http://www.julianos.com/lift_latch_seat_belts.html

I would strongly recommend against re-using belts from a car as old as the 1960s or 1970s. The nylon webbing deteriorates over time and under exposure of UV rays. That's why racing harnesses have date-of-manufacture tags, and most racing sanctioning bodies won't allow harnesses older than only three years.

--Matt
330 America

Post by 330 America »

Guys - thanks for the input. I own a Porsche RS/Cup car that I race so I'm very familiar with the safety dating on the seat belts (my Sabelts actually expire this year and I've got Schroth harnesses to replace them).

While that isn't the most "period correct" thing to see laying across the seats, it may be the safest.

I have to admit the inserted picture of the old style maroon "airplane style" do look kinda cool, but I'll check with my race suppliers and see if I can come up with something not too obnoxious.

Speaking of Paul Baber, I've been speaking with him a lot this week (a really great guy) and he send me the most incredible collection of pictures on my 330 America. He did say that there was filler in the front section of the car, albeit the repair/paint work looks darn good. I'm still vascilating on what to do about this. Fred Petrosky has got the sheet metal lined up and Hans (Ital Parts) has got the Marchal's, etc. Its awfully tempting to restore the front end....I'll see when I get it.

Steve
Steve Patti
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

330 America wrote:While that isn't the most "period correct" thing to see laying across the seats, it may be the safest.

I have to admit the inserted picture of the old style maroon "airplane style" do look kinda cool, but I'll check with my race suppliers and see if I can come up with something not too obnoxious
Steve,

I wasn't recommending the color maroon! Follow the link, and you'll find all sorts of colors. I was recommending the chrome lap latch.

What's not period correct for a 330 America? That looks a lot less obnoxious than ones that have the orange "press" release button.

--Matt
330 America

Post by 330 America »

Matt - when I was referring to obnoxious it was in regards to modern style race harnesses....meaning, if I can find new stock harnesses that don't look like they just came out of a 360 Challenge car.

Thanks for the heads up on the seat belt referral.
Steve Patti