Fiat DINO Coupe 246, 1971
Fiat Ritmo Abarth 1988
ISO Milano Diva 1959
Audi Urquattro 1984
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, 2006
tyang

Re: RM auctions result

Post by tyang »

Honestly? It kind of stinks! I mean it's great to watch our assets appreciate, but not when it affects how we use them. This website celebrates the ownership, repair, and use of VIntage Ferraris, and all of us are fortunate enough to own one, but the rising prices only creates more problems with the ownership. People stop driving them and enjoying them for what they are: Cars!

I'm not biting the hand that feeds me, don't get me wrong. Rising prices gives justification for owners to spend money on their repairs that otherwise would have been deferred, but it's a real struggle when one owns a car!

I know, "Wah Wah," "first world" problem!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Besters

Post by Besters »

tyang wrote:..... but the rising prices only creates more problems with the ownership. People stop driving them and enjoying them for what they are: Cars!
...Rising prices gives justification for owners to spend money on their repairs that otherwise would have been deferred, but it's a real struggle when one owns a car!
100% affirmation !
Regards
Markus

´61 250GTE #2281GT ; ´80 308GT4 #15112 ; ´83 208 turbo GTB #46599 ; ´85 Mondial 3.2 #59769
sam231

Post by sam231 »

Let's see, the drive to the Radcliffe Motors/Tom Yang event was Providence RI to Oxford MD to Riesterstown MD and back to Providence..875 miles of pure pleasure (not counting the potholes in the Palisades Parkway and Tappan Zee Bridge). Bright sunlight, 70 degrees, elbow out the window, nice breeze in the cockpit (thank heavens for wind wings), pleasant rumble from the engine and throaty howl from the exhausts. What is the fun in owning them just to look at them or take them on short spins in the countryside? If mine were worth $1M or more I might have second thoughts, but then again if I could afford that price in a car monetary value might not have the same meaning. Keep on Drivin'! :P
'72 365 GTC/4 # 14953; ex-owner 330 GT 2+2 # 8025 :>(
whturner

Post by whturner »

sam231 wrote:Let's see, the drive to the Radcliffe Motors/Tom Yang event was Providence RI to Oxford MD to Riesterstown MD and back to Providence..875 miles of pure pleasure (not counting the potholes in the Palisades Parkway and Tappan Zee Bridge). Bright sunlight, 70 degrees, elbow out the window, nice breeze in the cockpit (thank heavens for wind wings), pleasant rumble from the engine and throaty howl from the exhausts. What is the fun in owning them just to look at them or take them on short spins in the countryside? If mine were worth $1M or more I might have second thoughts, but then again if I could afford that price in a car monetary value might not have the same meaning. Keep on Drivin'! :P
Absolutely, Sam:
Joanne drove the whole way there and back (about 600 miles) and just loved it all the way. Living in town she doesn't get to drive the 330 often enough.
We took the back roads on the return to Pittsburgh instead of the Interstate. One gets a totally different appreciation of these cars when not driving straight ahead and trying to stay out of the way of tailgaters, 18 wheelers and so forth. Even compared to modern cars!

Cheers
Warren
330 GT Series II sn 10069
Besters

Post by Besters »

The last results seem to motivate other sellers to "active-price-management" ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

without words...

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/fe ... res=EXPORT
Regards
Markus

´61 250GTE #2281GT ; ´80 308GT4 #15112 ; ´83 208 turbo GTB #46599 ; ´85 Mondial 3.2 #59769
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Besters wrote:The last results seem to motivate other sellers to "active-price-management" ...
Looks like 3947 GT is on the market, though I am not sure the market is ready for it! On the other hand, given the rise in prices over the last few years, who knows?

My plan is to remember what I paid for the car and drive it like that. The current value means nothing until you sell and I have no intention of selling. Can't speak for my wife, though... :shock:
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com