CONGRATULATIONS

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

horner

CONGRATULATIONS

Post by horner »

Tom, All the best to you and your (expanding) family in 2004. We'll keep you all in our prayers as your daughter's arrival date gets closer. Make sure that you pick out a child safety seat that fits properly in the 330 America. Jack Horner
lukek

Post by lukek »

Let me save Tom some time. The Britax has been checked out to be the safest and it converts to front facing once your daughter is 1 year and over 20 lbs. The Roundabout has also been tested to fit in the rear of my GTE, lap belt secured, rear facing.

http://www.elitecarseats.com/britax-rou ... seat.shtml

Not cheap at $199, but still less than a distributor cap for your other baby.

thx
luke
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
Ade Maritz

Post by Ade Maritz »

Congrats, Dad! And Mom too, of course.

Get the proper ABC primer for when the little one arrives, Tom. One that teaches a kid the essentials, like the difference between a 13mm wrench and a 1/2" one. :D
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Excellent news Tom! Being a Father is one of the best things that has happened in my life and I am confidant that you will enjoy it as much as I. My two daughters are currently teenagers, and therefore often give me the opportunity to question that statement, but in the end they always make up for it. Enjoying a family Christmas and welcoming the new year together is a great reminder of how blessed we truely are.

By the way, I am also enjoying hearing about your search for a truck. Even with a Ferrari in the garage, there is something about a pickup truck that still gets my rev's up. On a similar note, I am having a blast watching my daughter with her christmas present, a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee that we bought from my parents. She does not have a big interest in cars, but there is something about your first car that will get anybody's heart racing. I have also noticed that having paid for a portion of that car herself somehow makes her a better driver! She is much more concious of the dangers around her and how bad the other drivers are, when driving her Jeep than when in my Saab...

Keep an eye on your new daughter Tom, as they grow up fast. It really wasn't that long ago that I was pacing this living room waiting for my daughter's arrival. Now I pace waiting for her return from all those errands she volunteers to drive for. God bless you and your new family as we enter 2004.
lukek

Post by lukek »

this framgment belongs in this post:

Good luck with all, congratulations and God Bless your new child.
Feel free to start a new board. I can just see your first post. "She is crying, I checked for exhaust, leaks, and I know she is getting enough fuel and spark. What gives?"
With a 3 and 1 year old, I can finally answer as many of your questions as you did mine...

Once the kid comes, you will either have to negotiate for time off from the child duties, hope for a good napper, or work at night. I do tha latter. Once they are asleep, I sneak into the garage. Unfortunately, my house is too small for power tool use at that time, so I have to often get creative. In other words, you will manage.
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the well wishes! As one of my friends pointed out "I'm a project oriented guy," I am certainly looking forward to this new project!

With all the experience I've gotten building my seats, I am considering making a custom matching Connolly cover for a child seat for the Ferrari. Depending on if I can find the time to do it, and if I have enough leather, I'll have to see if I'll actually let my baby use it! I bet it'll look great at a car show though!

Thanks to all for the advice, and stories on fatherhood. It only makes me look more forward to the experience!

Tom
fest

baby

Post by fest »

I must add my congrats here

(and of course my $.02)

it is imperative that the child be exposed
to the 'Song of the Twelve' as frequently as possible
during the 'fomative years'
if not beginning 'in vitro'

no better way to start the kid off right
rpalmer

Post by rpalmer »

Congratulations Yang family!

You're in for one heckuva experience that lasts from 0-100.

BTW, drove thru Claverack on the way to Hudson at Thanksgiving. A lot of beauty there. You'll have to make good friends with the troopers that patrol the Taconic (or at least figure out their hiding spots) so you can blast around, er, I mean, perform vehicle dynamics testing.

I don't suppose that boneyard on 23 has any Ferrari parts in it??

-RP
tyang

Post by tyang »

RP,

I've so far memorized one place on the Taconic State parkway where the State Troopers like to hide out, but there are plenty of spots still to find! The good thing, is once you get up to where my house is, there is a lot less speed enforcement.

I know of a wrecking yard on 23 on the west side of the Hudson river, but I'm not sure if you're talking about that one if you were coming in from MA.

I stopped in the one in Catskill to look for Camry parts, but didn't ask about Italian car parts, let alone Ferrari parts! The most exotic car I saw in the yard was a flat windshield Beetle!

Tom
horner

Post by horner »

Tom, The Yang's will enjoy many smiles over the years with their daughter. For this car nut family raising 2 daughters who rode in the back seat of various Ferrari 2+2's brought further smiles and chuckles; those are the ones from folks as they pull up to look at your great car and then start laughing as they see those little bows and headbands perched atop those munchkins' heads in the back. Probably created more "thumbs-up" than the car itself. Just don't let her learn how to read the speedo! Jack Horner
330 America

Post by 330 America »

What the heck....I'll add my $.02. Congrats Tom. I've got a 4 year old and 1 year old hence why a 2+2 was easier to sell to my wife than a GT Lusso (e.g. "where will the kids fit?")

Great to see someone has already identified the right car seat, as I may pick up this one so I can indeed give the kids a joy ride on Sundays.

Get ready to have your garage/project time seriously reduced.

Good luck!
Steve Patti
Ferrari 330 Americ (5061) - SOLD
1988 Porsche 944 Rothmans Turbo Cup (ex-Bill Adam)
1988 Porsche 944 Rothmans Turbo Cup (7UP guest car)
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

tyang wrote:With all the experience I've gotten building my seats, I am considering making a custom matching Connolly cover for a child seat for the Ferrari. Depending on if I can find the time to do it, and if I have enough leather, I'll have to see if I'll actually let my baby use it! I bet it'll look great at a car show though!
That sounds really cool. I'd love to see that.

Congratulations, Tom! My son's just over six months old. All I can say is: take all the pictures you can.

Best regards,

Matt
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Tom,

I just wanted to congratulate you. I wish you and your wife smooth delivery and a healthy baby.

Best Wishes,

Art S.