GTC Hood Bumpers/Supports

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Steve Meltzer

GTC Hood Bumpers/Supports

Post by Steve Meltzer »

What screw is correct for securing the little hood bumpers that run in the channel surrounding the engine bay of a 330 GTC?
Getting ready to replace them and some of mine have a Phillips head screw, others a square head much like modern
"security" fasteners. Source? thanx. steve
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
Jumprun

Re: GTC Hood Bumpers/Supports

Post by Jumprun »

Hi Steve, all the ones on my car are low round head phillips head sheet metal screws, like the type commonly used on old car door panel. There is also one of those counter sunk washers under the screw, like the type sometimes used in upholstery applications...what are those washers called? Both screw and washer appear to be zinc plated.

Tom in SoCal
tyang

Post by tyang »

I usually find phillips oval head screws with flush finish washers in the hood bumpers in mid-late 60s cars. Earlier cars have slotted screws, but I would have check exactly when. I know as early as SN1747 Pininfarina started mixing slotted and phillips screws in the assembly of the cars, but whether they were found on the hood bumpers, I'm not sure. I think it was a matter of what was in their supply of screws. By the time they built GTCs, I believe they when purely with phillips head screws.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

That's a whata I needed to know. Grazie. s
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."