fuel additives

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Edward 96GTS

Re: fuel additives

Post by Edward 96GTS »

dyke,
does the no-rosion gas treatment actually clean the fuel system as it flows through?
is it ok to add both marvel mystery oil and gas treatment to same tank of fuel?
thanks
ed
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

Ed: We use both products at the same time. We only use the No-Rosion about once per year, when cars are to be stored for a length of time. The No-Rosion product is a fuel system "cleaner", used for removing carbon deposits from valves, etc. It uses the same basic chemistry as Chevron's Techron for the cleaning agents (now that Chevron's patents have expired). It also does stabilize and solubilize ethanol in the fuel. It will make fuel with ethanol last much longer before going bad or damaging the fuel system.
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

At Dyke's suggestion, I purchased some "No-Rosion" for my cars. Unfortunately, the bottles in which they ship became brittle in the cold weather and two of them cracked, leaking the chemicals into the shipping box, onto my secretary's desk and finally onto my work bench! I sent an email to the company, with pictures of the mess, and received a prompt and courteous reply within hours...on a Sunday!! They replaced the cracked bottles and even sent a couple of extras. Great customer service. So, if you buy, I'd ask them to perhaps bag the bottles in ziplock bags, or similar protection, or ship in the summer. With Dyke's recommendation for the product itself and excellent customer service, you can't go wrong. steve
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
Zanny1

Post by Zanny1 »

Having read this post, I ordered a six pack of the fuel additive. One bottle was mixed with a fresh tank of fuel. I then drove the car about 120 miles. Does it run better? IMHO the answer is yes. Perhaps it was the drive, perhaps the weather.... maybe the moment. I do believe this is a good product. Now the question is to use one bottle each fill-up, or every few fill ups. I do drive this car, having already covered 1200 miles since purchasing in August. The car is currently at Zac Dugger's shop in Oceanside California having the overdrive and rear suspension rebuilt.
Mike
1971 365 GTC4.... on my second one
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

Zanny1: I believe that No-Rosion recommends using it every few thousand miles or before and after storage. On the other hand, for cars that are not used frequently, I do not see how regular usage could hurt.