Looking for 2 aux venturis for 40 DCL6 carbs

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tyang

Re: Looking for 2 aux venturis for 40 DCL6 carbs

Post by tyang »

250GT wrote:
John Vardanian wrote:Hi Cornelis, do you think the Weberman might have the sector gears? I had the hardest time finding them and when I finally did the place had only two left.

john
Hello John,
Guglielmo- around 75years- my Weber man is old school.
Means he has No fax, No bankaccount, No internet side or SMS possibilities.
So I only can make an appointment in Turino at his place.
I will be there again in april 2015, I left again some work for him.
Must have exact info with dimensions if possible.
he produced valves ,axles etc him self all by hands.
those older people must work till they die ,no social cover after 65th birthday.
as Greg said these knowledge will be lost for ever in the future.

C.
I see this all the time. The modern world passes these people by, and one day we'll regret not taking note. I equate it to sword making. When that craft was replaced with guns, no one cared that the skills of sword making wasn't being passed on to the next generation. One day, people wanted to make a good sword, and all the master sword makers were gone along with their secrets. I just spent a few days out in California last month learning how to rebuild brake boosters for Ferraris because the rebuilder I use is thinking about retiring. I don't know if I'll ever be able to gain the knowledge he's learned over the last 40 years, but it has to start somewhere. I'm trying to proactively save some of this knowledge, but there's only so much I can do!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
250GT

Post by 250GT »

I bought also some accl. pumps and 27chokes(thanks Dyke) for Weber 36DCS see pic above next to the 2 venturi´s
I wrote down the jetting setting of these carb used on later GTE and Lusso around 62/63 I think.
could be helpful for some people here.
Tom in the mean time I make a copy of info Dyke shares with us for things that could be useful for me in the future.
but maybe DWR46 is younger than me than I should have no problems in the next years .
I don´t always agree with him ,but he´s greatly expieranced I think. thank you D.
here the Jetting data for 36DCS.

nice days

hope I did translate it correct out of Italien

C.

JETTING DATA:
E-tubes F8
Mains 140
Airs 240
Pump .060
exhaust Q
Needle&seat 1.75
chokes 27
Idles .055

Q mears diameter.
can not find that sign on my Apple computer
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

Cornelis: Thank you for the kind words. Most of the Weber carbs used on Ferrari's had settings that varied somewhat by type of engine and car. If you can give me the carb model and the car it goes on, I can probably give you the correct factory jetting.